This Page

has been moved to new address

Sea-Wiz... Not At All Like Cheese Whiz...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Sea-Wiz... Not At All Like Cheese Whiz...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Sea-Wiz... Not At All Like Cheese Whiz...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Sea-Wiz... Not At All Like Cheese Whiz...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Sea-Wiz... Not At All Like Cheese Whiz...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Sea-Wiz... Not At All Like Cheese Whiz...

Running Down A Dream

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sea-Wiz... Not At All Like Cheese Whiz...

Dangit! I left my camera at the club tonight... It was our second night at Spinnaker and it was a blast.

Earlier today Miguel and I went into 103.5 Hank FM and recorded some songs and chatted with Melissa Miller on air. It was so fun - they are always so good to us there, and they are by far the best country station in Panama City (if I do say so myself). And I am so excited because they are having a big birthday party in September when we come back to Spinnaker, so we are gonna get to celebrate with them!


So... it's harder to bring home used ammo shells from the Middle East than you would think. Oh wait... Maybe it's not.

The guys on the ship at the Nassau gave me some used ammo shells from the CIWS. And THEN they showed us video from it being shot - it was RIDICULOUS! They basically said - if you are at the point that you have to fire the CIWS - you are at your last resort. However I will say that I would feel pretty good with THAT thing being the "last resort". It was nutty how powerful and incredible it was.

The shells they gave me were impressive. And they were given by members of the USS Nassau!!! SO it doesn't get much cooler than that. But it turns out that trying to bring something like that home in your luggage is NOT such a good idea. And sending it doesn't work either. However... as much as I wish I had made it home with these items, I will say that it is quite comforting that bringing any kind of ammo - used, unused, thinking about being used.... is extremely difficult. That's not something that should be easy, you know?



Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hay : )

Loaded, unloaded, used, unused, thinking about being used... I'm surprised they let your brain fly because it is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, and that's just your brain !!

I'm afraid to mention the rest of your awesome traits because you may never be able to fly or take public transport again !!

So Jim Beam her up Scotty : )

August 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home