This Page

has been moved to new address

The Show in Djibouti

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: The Show in Djibouti

This Page

has been moved to new address

The Show in Djibouti

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: The Show in Djibouti

This Page

has been moved to new address

The Show in Djibouti

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: The Show in Djibouti

Running Down A Dream

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Show in Djibouti

Wow. So I just read the comments from the last couple of blogs- I know that some of you get to these blogs through different methods and can't see the comments, so I will show you what Josh said:

"Remember how bad the road was between khat corner and the base and how much trash was along the sides? The military has offered to fix the road and pick up all the trash along that road. Djibouti said they would allow us to do it if we paid them for the privilege."

How eye opening that is. And how blessed we are to live in a country that OFFERS to do things like that for other people.

The base in Djibouti is intense. It's all tents and/or cargo containers. And there's a black flag that waves most of the time. If the black flag is waving, it means that it is too hot to physically train outside - and you must work out inside.

CRAZY!

There was a special meet and greet before our show. I am not sure what exactly these guys had to do - but I know that there was some sort of contest that selected the VIP's for the show. We had a special meet and greet with them and the Base Commander AND they got to sit in the front two rows of the concert. But the bands were the lucky ones - we got to spend some extra time with them talking about their jobs and hearing stories.

And again - these military men and women had nothing but inspiring stories to tell. They are all such normal individuals living in such extraordinary circumstances. But they CHOOSE to and LOVE what they do. And it's quite amazing.











The show in Djibouti was unbelievable. Unlike Bahrain - this one was inside which helped reduce the amount of sweat-soaked towels at the end of the night :) (Notice I didn't say "eliminate") But I would not have been able to count the number of times I got chills and felt that "natural high" from stage. The energy inside that room was electric. And it really just couldn't have gotten much better.



Mohammad was dead set on me trying this African beer. I had met him in the back when I was getting ready. He sent someone all the way up to the stage with this beer after the show. I think Panther enjoyed it more than I, cause I just ain't much of a beer girl... but Panther is a connoisseur of unique beers - so I got my sips in which was plenty for me, and he finished it off for me.
I just thought that was the sweetest thing of Mohammad!


This was the beginning of the end for James... he was trying to fit his body onto the 3 small chairs in our very limited space backstage.


Immediately after SafteySuit got off the stage - all of my guys and 2 of SafetySuit's guys went straight back to the hotel - before any autographs. They were all just DONE. Poor guys. But you would have NEVER known it from the shows!

But those of us that stayed had so much fun!!! Two of the SeaBees stationed in Djibouti had seen us when we played on base in Gulfport, MS. How freakin cool is that?? And I was given the state patch of Kansas which was SO cool - I now need to get a jacket that I can put all my cool patches on :)


And those weren't the only ones that had been to a Natalie show before. :) Which was just crazy to be in Djibouti, Africa and meet people that already knew my music! It blows my mind.

We had such a great time in Djibouti - I just wish we could have stayed longer.


They had the BEST cafeteria there - of all the bases we ate at - they had the most selection and the best food. It was impressive, really. But the one part that was really weird:
There was a digital reader board in the cafeteria that named all the places in town that are "off limits" and it was mostly restaurants. I never found out if it was because of security or because of health issues - but either way, I don't think there was anywhere that you COULD go. The list seemed to go on and on and on...

Yup. So Djibouti was an unforgettable experience to say the least. And I hope I get to go back. I mean... not for vacation... but to play a show again.

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hay : )

Everyone in Shady Grove enthusiastically agrees with you about how "blessed we are to live in a country that OFFERS to do things like that for other people"

It's awesome of Josh to share that information, God please be with Josh and all of our servicemen and women !!

God Bless America !!

July 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home