This Page

has been moved to new address

There's This Hole In The Ground

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: There's This Hole In The Ground

This Page

has been moved to new address

There's This Hole In The Ground

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: There's This Hole In The Ground

This Page

has been moved to new address

There's This Hole In The Ground

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: There's This Hole In The Ground

Running Down A Dream

Thursday, August 5, 2010

There's This Hole In The Ground

We lived in this very strange dichotomy the whole time we were overseas...

So much time was spent on US Military bases that I didn't always feel like I was in another country. I mean... I was in Italy for the first time in my life, yet I ate at Subway 3 times... Hmmm.... No matter where we are on the road... we canNOT get away from Subway! I mean, I love it... but just not what I think of when I think about "food" in Italy.

So being in the Bahrain airport or I guess more specifically... the women's bathroom of the Bahrain airport... was truly a new experience for me. I've heard about the "hole in the ground" but never experienced it. I walked in and at first all I saw was the little hose on the wall and not any toilet paper. I was thinking, Ummm... NOT gonna happen.

I think I didn't see the TP because the toilet hole was COVERED in what I choose to believe was water all over the ground.

Gross.

So... I was mostly trying to figure out "How am I gonna do this?" See... I am 5'2" therefore, my pants are always too long and drag the ground. So trying to hold my pants up OFF the ground while simultaneously trying to... well... you know... Plus, I didn't want to touch the walls so, trying to balance without touching anything while holing my pants both up and down... yeah... I ended up laughing at myself for a while afterwards.



I do appreciate that the hole in the ground was made to still look like a toilet. I mean, at least it was a decorative hole, right? :)

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hay : )

We're all glad you didn't fall in that hole in the ground.

We've got some wooden outhouses (that we sell on Ebay : ) but at least we have nice seats to get everyone off the ground : )

But, I guess when you gotta go you gotta go : ) ( Might could have spelled but differently but I decided to be a good Farm Boy : )

August 6, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home