This Page

has been moved to new address

Cameron University!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Cameron University!!!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Cameron University!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Cameron University!!!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Cameron University!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Cameron University!!!

Running Down A Dream

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cameron University!!!

Tonight was one of those nights that I will never forget. It was a great day from start to finish!

We got up this morning somewhere in Arkansas and only drove for 6 hours to get to Lawton, OK. The drive went by in a breeze... I got a lot of work done... and we were able to check into the hotel before the show.

I LOVE being able to check in for an hour or so before show time. My hair is so massive, that it is just nice to be able to fix it before I am unbelievably rushed after a soundcheck. Plus, it means I will actually get to hang out with the people that book the shows instead of running around trying to get "show ready."

So Robin - our contact for the show. ADORABLE. The girl is just a burst of energy and she goes so above and beyond what she needs to do to help us out. And included in our snacks and drinks.... oh yeah... she got me Keebler Fudge Shop Cookies. HOW DID SHE KNOOOOOW?? I've been on a little Keebler Fudge shop kick lately. And there weren't any at the gas station last night. :) Oh but I got my fill for today!
And RYAN!!! What another sweetheart. Ryan was there from start to finish as well. He and Robin both helped us get all packed up and loaded in. It made things go so much quicker!!! Plus, Ryan and I met at the very first NACA I ever played in Little Rock, Arkansas. :) He took videos all night and is going to edit them all together. I can't wait to see what all that video includes!


There was an energy in the room from the moment we were introduced and hit the stage. Our sound guys tonight were SOOO good. They just ran sound for Rascal Flatts and Brad Paisley... ummm.... yeah, so you know we were in good hands.

This was Cameron University's big concert to kick off their homecoming week. (They don't have a football team so they do homecoming during basketball season. And yeah... I know.... NO football team at a college in OK... something just not right about that! It's a touchy subject... they didn't want to talk about it) But their basketball team is doing GREAT this season, which always makes homecoming THAT much more exciting!

The show was amazing. It was like we were in a packed arena - these kids NEVER stopped yelling and hollerin and getting ME pumped up. The Lambda Chi Alpha Guys were all in the front and were keeping everyone clapping.... The cell phone lighters were up and in full swing.... and there were girls running up and down the aisles dancing, two-stepping and cheering. It was such a fun party! I had a lady bug in my violin case when I first walked out on stage - so see they really are good luck!!! It was a GREAT omen for the show. :)
By the end of the show - everyone had left their seats and come down front. There were some many cell phones up taking pics and videos - Miguel was a freaking ROCKSTAR and was throwing picks into the audience (the ladies were LOVING him tonight) and people were reaching out to touch us when we'd walk to the front of the stage. I think it is safe to say we ALL had a great time tonight - Me, The Band, AND the audience. :) Right y'all??
When Hootie and I came in on the vocal intro for "Devil Went Down To Georgia" - it was like the video on Youtube at Ft. Benning when the soldiers were singing so loud I couldn't hear myself! The audience was SO LOUD singing along. It was so great.
And THEN they chanted for an encore. I LOVE that. So ummm, "Don't Stop Believing", anyone??? Mr. Belding!!! You started something!!! And Husson - You started the consistent encores! LOVE IT!

So yeah. And that was JUST getting started. I remember laughing SO much tonight at the Merch table.

The Lambda Chi Alpha guys.... ok... they were HILARIOUS. We had taken one pic, but then they wanted me and the guys to sign their shirt. So we had a re-do of the pic WITH the signed shirt.
They were VERY specific. They wanted this EXACTLY:
To My Biggest Fans - Lambda Chi Alpha
Peace, Love, Fiddle, "Sweet Thing"
Love Natalie Stovall


And the Sorority Girls were out, too! They were SO sweet!!!! And they sang me their theme song :) Or One of them at least:)



Bobby!!! Shake N Bake, boy! :) Bobby sang EVERY word of "Devil Went Down To Georgia" with me. Right up in FRONT!



I signed my first construction hat. Why am I wearing it?


Signing my first inflatable hammer. Do you think I will EVER sign another?


Miguel signing HIS first inflatable hammer...


And my second signed construction hat... I have GOT to stop wearing stuff with my own signature on it.


Did I mention that Miguel is a Rockstar??? He had a line of people who wanted him to sign his guitar picks for them. He only has 4 left!!!


PAC!!!! This is the group responsible for putting on the show. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!


Sweethearts :) These 2 are engaged and getting married this June!!! They were so cute!!!


These little girls were adorable. They were so patient and waited in line just like everyone else! Doesn't this look like a family photo?? :) Their Mom - The Dean of Students was refusing to be in the pic too because she had her glasses on.... which was so cute.... I asked them both what they wanted to be when they grow up and they both said "Ballerinas" I told them that I lived with 2 ballerinas in college. I am not sure they believed me.... but IT'S TRUE!!!!


Sam!!! Sam was our bodyguard tonight. (Because the students at Cameron are just SOOO scary... obviously...) Sam and I met at NACA and we took a pic where I was grabbing onto his ring... umm... just like you see here.... recreating it just seemed like the right thing to do :)


You know what is really crazy?? I could keep going for a LOT longer. I have so many fun pics and great stories from tonight!!! But a complete album of ALL the pics are uploaded on facebook and they will soon all be up on the myspace page as well.

The guys and I were starving after the show cause we hadn't had a chance to get dinner. At this point it was past midnight, but luckily there was an Ihop right next to our hotel. (Heeeeey. I like ihop. - Jim Gaffigan, anyone?) It was so much fun just going back and talking about the show. And somehow we got off on reminiscing about past shows and some of our favorite stories. I was laughing the WHOLE time. And then I would make a funny noise-laugh and they would laugh at the way I was laughing... ummm which would only make me laugh harder. I love nights like tonight :) And just in case you don't know about it - the guys have their own blog filled with crazy quotes, ridiculous pics, and many of our favorite random gas station trinkets. :)
natalieband.blogspot.com

It's 5am and we play in Chickasha tomorrow. It would be time for me to peace out for a little bit o shut eye. Thank you for an amazing day, Cameron University!

Peace, Love, Fiddle

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bailey said...

Hey Nat, My friend said that she still didnt let her post a comment. So she wants me to post her comment for her. It says....


Hey Natalie!!!! I really like your music. I am friends with your niece Bailey Ragland. And you have an amazing voice
Love, Andrea
PS. You can email me if you like, my email is: ance1997@gmail.com

February 17, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home