This Page

has been moved to new address

Running Down A Dream

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Running Down A Dream

This Page

has been moved to new address

Running Down A Dream

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Running Down A Dream

This Page

has been moved to new address

Running Down A Dream

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Running Down A Dream

Running Down A Dream

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Running Down A Dream

Today was a really good food day :)

We ate lunch at Red Robin my FAVORITE!!! It was on Stephen King Dr. - creepy....
And tonight we ate at a Boston Market! I am so bummed they don't have any in Nashville anymore. That place is SO good. I used to stop by the one next to my apartment in Boston when I needed good veggies but didn't have time to cook them myself. :)

We left Maine this afternoon at check out and just decided to drive until LOST came on. It is the first time we have all gotten to watch Lost when it actually comes on tv so far this season! :) It was nice not to have to rush anywhere today. We only have to drive 5 hours tomorrow to get to Arcadia for our show. That is so nice!

We watched the first disc of "Running Down a Dream" the Tom Petty documentary. It is SOOOO inspiring. Tom and all the "Heartbreakers" and many others are interviewed and talk about their journey from day one. Stevie Nicks says repeatedly that if she could have, she would have left Fleetwood Mac and joined The Heartbreakers. :) It adds a whole new level of inspiration to be in the back of the Suburban actively running down my own dream while listening to the artists I look up to. Listening to Tom Petty talking about what all he had to do to get where he is today... well.... it's good fuel! Literally.

When he is asked who his influences are, he says "The Radio" (and the 60's) which made me feel so normal! I always felt a little "uncool" to say that as a musician. (I have gotten over that now), but back when I was at school at Berklee, it felt strange to admit how much of a radio listener I have always been. I guess partially because it made me sound like "just a singer." And not to perpetuate stereo-types, but Berklee is full of ridiculously good musicians; it's kind of like the academic side of music to be in school there. And there was a certain respect that seemed to come with being into hardcore jazz and anything with an odd time signature or as many blue notes as one can fit... While I appreciate music that I have to "think" about while I listen to it - well... that stuff just doesn't move me like a "pop" song. How ironic is it that it isn't "popular" in certain music circles to admit that you like "popular" music? Hmmmm....

I must admit... I am pretty stoked about the fact that it is only midnight. I haven't gotten in bed before 4:30am or later the last few nights. Too much to do!!! But my pillows at this Comfort Inn are calling. Don't wanna leave em hanging.

NIGHT NIGHT!

~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Pennsylvania State Trooper Fans Of Natalie said...

Dear Natalie,

We love your music so much so we've been following your tour, and we just happened to notice how much lovely hair you have so we need to ask you to stop at one our weighing stations to be sure the weight is evenly distributed. We have had to do this in the past with Loretta, and Dolly, and a few more awesome stars like you, and we appologize for the inconvenience.

This request has nothing to do with our great hopes of getting an autographed CD and poster of you.

Yours truly,
The Pennsylvania State Troopers

February 12, 2009 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

Well... we're in Pennsylvania for the next couple of days :) And I'll be happy to oblige! :) I've gotta keep you guys on my side! Lord knows we've had plenty of days sitting on the side of the road in PA due to past Suburbans breaking down on us.... You remind me actually to make a hair appointment - there's a little more than usual - I need a trim!!!!

But hey, if Dolly passed.... well, heck, I think I will. I mean, her wigs + hairspray have GOT to weigh more than mine.

February 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Bailey said...

HEY NAT, I WAS HOPING THAT MAYBE YOU CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND MY MOM YOU AND MY SISTERS CAN GO SEE THE NEW HANNAH MONTANA MOVIE TOGETHER.
THAT WOULD BE FUN.

February 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

WOOOO HOOO!!!! Hannah Montana movie - that would be awesome sweet girl!!!! We'll definitely do that when I get home!

Did you know that they shot some of the scenes for her movie in Columbia? Yup!!! Right downtown on the square!

My preacher (the one who married James and me) actually baptized Miley! How cool is that? :)

February 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM  
Blogger Bailey said...

That is really cool!!! I did not know that. :-) I cant wait to watch
the movie! I am so excited. :-P

February 15, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home