This Page

has been moved to new address

Even Alaska

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Even Alaska

This Page

has been moved to new address

Even Alaska

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Even Alaska

This Page

has been moved to new address

Even Alaska

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Even Alaska

Running Down A Dream

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Even Alaska

So the new cd may be held up by legal mumbo jumbo at the moment...

But I can at least show you some inspiration for one of the songs. I wrote "Even Alaska" with Nathan Chapman (ridonkulous producer, writer... has produced all of this little girl's stuff you may not of ever heard of: Taylor Swift) and we wrote this song RIGHT after I got back from my honeymoon trip to... ALASKA.

When I think about Alaska... this is usually the first reference in my head:


I took this picture from our balcony. :) The captain took our ship down a little inlet to show us a really good view of a glacier and this was at the very end. This glacier was one of the biggest we got to see the whole trip. Those places that look like tire tracks (like someone took a gargantuan 4-wheeler and went over it) is actually where 2 glaciers have fused together. So this is actually 3 glaciers that have, over time, fused into 1 mega-glacier. They are so beautiful. Baby blue. And I can't even describe how big this is. As photos tend not to do... this does it no justice. It was so unbelievably huge and without the perspective of how far away we were... it only looks mildly impressive on here. :)

I have a lot of snap shots in my head that I run through every time I talk about Alaska, or introduce the song. But this is one of the ones I always go to first in my head.

I can't believe it is STILL snowing in Tennessee. The accumulation doesn't really show much for it... but that is ok. It has been steady and beautiful. And I love every second of it.

Peace. Love. And Snowy Fiddles.
~natalie

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

It looks like the universes second largest monster truck made tracks on the glacier !!

( Of course you know who has the universes biggest monster truck : )

Now ... next CD I hope you will let us co-write while we plant and harvest crops, because most legal stuff that slows awesome things down here ends up with our piles of Bull Doodie : )

We can write, sing, and with cousin Al Goreithms nifty puters we can have many CD's printed and sold the very same day !!!

And we have High Deaf too : )

My word verification is dithropl, great name for a first child, or an awesome song : )

January 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home