This Page

has been moved to new address

Tortilla Soup Recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Tortilla Soup Recipe

This Page

has been moved to new address

Tortilla Soup Recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Tortilla Soup Recipe

This Page

has been moved to new address

Tortilla Soup Recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Tortilla Soup Recipe

Running Down A Dream

Friday, January 8, 2010

Tortilla Soup Recipe

I posted this recipe a while ago, but a friend of mine was looking for a good one today so I figured it was time to repost. This is my FAVORITE!!! And has been a band favorite over the years. :) Perfect for a snowy day like today.

I usually make a double recipe.

Tortilla Soup:

1 lb ground hamburger or ground turkey
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 can Corn
1 can Kidney Beans (I usually make a double recipe and do 1 can of dark red and 1 can of light red kidney beans - that's the best!)
1 can Black Beans (I usually only put in 1 can for a double recipe.... just started adding those in. They are really good in there!)
1 8oz can of Tomato Sauce (I prefer Hunt's)
1 Large can (28oz) Diced Tomatoes (Again I like Hunt's for this recipe)

I LOVE making this with Ground Turkey - it's not quite as heavy for an already very hearty meal. And many times I will buy the packages that are a little over a pound to get more - you can't have too much meat!

Cook meat and season with Package of Taco Seasoning. I also season with red pepper flakes and Tony's Cachere's Creole Seasoning. It all depends on how spicy you like it.

Dump the rest of the ingredients into a large pot - including the juice from the cans. DO NOT DRAIN the cans. Add in cooked, seasoned meat. The impatient or pressed for time can eat as soon as it is hot. But of course, it is best to let the juices simmer for a couple of hours. It is GREAT left over, so don't worry about cooking too much. I would say one pot serves around 4 people.

I serve with shredded Mexican Cheese, put a dollop of sour cream in my bowl and tortilla chips. I usually eat half of it with a spoon and half of it like a dip with my Tostitos. But that's just me. :)

This is such a fun recipe to play with! So have fun and happy eating! Let me know if you ever make this meal. :) It will make me proud!

Peace, Love, and Tortilla Soup
~natalie

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hay : )

All us plowed row runners have a ree quest : )

We wood luv to see a video of your mamma flossing Cinnamon's teeth. That will be awesome to see !!

I'm also very honored to have you writ a poem about our shine !!

We celebrated while we had the charcoal grill going inside the house to keep us warnm and right before we started passing out from the fumes we decided we needed a batch of shine named after you, erego and forego our new NatShine has come to life !!

We're working on our ad campaign, but so far we like this :

NatShine always makes us good and giddy ... and then some : )

We have one more that we better wait and tell y'all next time we see you in person : )

January 8, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home