This Page

has been moved to new address

I Played The Stone Pony Tonight!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: I Played The Stone Pony Tonight!

This Page

has been moved to new address

I Played The Stone Pony Tonight!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: I Played The Stone Pony Tonight!

This Page

has been moved to new address

I Played The Stone Pony Tonight!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: I Played The Stone Pony Tonight!

Running Down A Dream

Thursday, December 31, 2009

I Played The Stone Pony Tonight!

Tonight was AWESOME.

I played fiddle for an incredibly talented and OH SO YOUNG (she's only 16!!!) artist named Corey Wagar.

Guess WHERE this was!?!?!?

The FIRST ever country show at the legendary Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ!!!!! (Which was SOLD OUT! Heck yeah!)


I have heard so much about this club... it's kind of like Tootsie's in the Rock N Roll world... Bruce Springsteen is known for jamming with the local musicians there... Jon Bon Jovi, Elvis Cotello, Joan Jett, Stevie Ray Vaughn... all kinds of cool people will grace the stage with their presence between gigs in New York and Philadelphia.

And I got to play at their first ever country show tonight!!! My friend, Gordon Brown, that I write with a lot, had put together the band for Corey. He knew James and I had planned on coming to the show. He sent me one of her songs today. I learned it, we hopped on the train, and I got to play it with them! They also brought me up for the encore... A little "Gunpowder and Lead" action :)

I think James must have captured this little clip of "Gunpwder and Lead" :) It isn't very long... but it gives you the idea.


It was so much fun! And Corey's song that I played with her "Me and My Girls" was so cute... and come to find out, she wrote it with Jamie O'Neal! I LOVE Jamie O'Neal! I was obsessed with "Shiver" in college. :)

Here's Gordon - my wonderful friend and co-writer


And of course Corey (Click her name to visit her myspace!)


I love this picture of Gordon and me... even though it's a bit dark :)


It was so cool to be a part of tonight. Corey is incredibly talented... and oh my word... she's only 16. I can't imagine where all she will go from here. So cool.

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

We have had some stoned cows here because they ate some of Cousin Cannabis's bountiful crop, but we ain't had no Stoned Pony's yet : )

(Please know that Cuz Cannabis only uses his crop for medicinal purposes and we don't let him drive anything larger than his Hot Wheels wagon : )

Congrats on playing those awesome gigs, in NEW YORK CITY !!

Happy Almost New Year !!

December 31, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home