This Page

has been moved to new address

Avatar

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Avatar

This Page

has been moved to new address

Avatar

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Avatar

This Page

has been moved to new address

Avatar

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Avatar

Running Down A Dream

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Avatar

Went to see AVATAR tonight.

WOW.

I was a little worried that I would be disappointed... I mean, it's James Cameron. He's set quite a precedent for himself! (Terminator, Terminator 2, Titanic, etc) Titanic was the most expensive movie ever made at the time, and went on to become the highest grossing movie of all time. It came out when I was a freshman in high school. So yeah, I remember going with a huge group of girls and going crazy over that movie. And I actually loved Terminator 2 growing up. My older brother, John, thought it was awesome and I have fond memories of us watching it together.

Plus, I am an Entourage fan, and they make a big deal about James Cameron on there... and he is awesome as a guest star :)

So I just really didn't want to be disappointed. I knew it would be good... but once again, it is hyped for it's "break through technology" - 3D film making, and it is one of the most expensive movies ever made.

I thought it was incredible. James (as in my James... not Cameron) was a little disappointed in some of the plot movement - the extra dialogue to somewhat spoon-feed you (to make sure it is appealing to ALL audiences). But that didn't really bother me so much. It truly is beautiful. The Eden-like planet they create is gorgeous, and the indigenous people of Pandora, the Na'vi, have a beautiful awareness of energy and love of their land. Cameron's attention to detail is remarkable. The Na'vi are SO COOL looking (and they are HUGE)!

I just thought the whole premise of the Avatar Program was so fascinating. They create genetically engineered human-Na'vi hybrids. A human who shares genetic material with an avatar is mentally linked to it, allowing them to control it while their own body 'sleeps'.

And I must say... watching a movie in 3D rocks my world. I felt like I was back at Disney World watching the Michael Jackson movie :) It's a little more expensive... but if you have the chance, go see it in 3D. It is so worth it.

In case you haven't seen any - here's a preview.


Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

I'm waiting for Natatar and Cinnatar in 3D. Please have Jamesatar and the boys start working on the script : )

December 22, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home