This Page

has been moved to new address

Guy Falls Down into A Hole

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Guy Falls Down into A Hole

This Page

has been moved to new address

Guy Falls Down into A Hole

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Guy Falls Down into A Hole

This Page

has been moved to new address

Guy Falls Down into A Hole

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Guy Falls Down into A Hole

Running Down A Dream

Friday, December 25, 2009

Guy Falls Down into A Hole

This evening I am reminded of an anecdote my pastor has shared with us at every Christmas Eve service the past few years.

It is a story that was on the West Wing and now because of my pastor's Christmas Eve sermon, I always think of it at this time of year. :)

This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out.
A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, 'Hey you. Can you help me out?' The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on.
Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, 'Father, I'm down in this hole can you help me out?' The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on.
Then a friend walks by, 'Hey, Joe, it's me can you help me out?' And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, 'Are you stupid? Now we're both down here.' The friend says, 'Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.'"

Christmas time can be a wonderful, joyous occasion. It can be a time of heart ache when we lose those we love. But as a Christian, I believe that God sent his son to this earth to be our Savior. Jesus lived His life on this earth. "He's been down here before... and he knows the way out." He's our guide. In times of good and in times of sorrow.

I hope your prayers to Him or whoever you pray to are prayers of joy right now. But if they are not, know that you are not alone!

Merry Christmas.

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home