This Page

has been moved to new address

Washburn University

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Washburn University

This Page

has been moved to new address

Washburn University

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Washburn University

This Page

has been moved to new address

Washburn University

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Washburn University

Running Down A Dream

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Washburn University

What a DAY!!!

Today started EARLY for a bunch 'o musicians who are usually up until 4am or later! :) But it was AWESOME. I got up and went to 94.5 WIBW this morning to chat and sing with Walker Daniels. We chatted, I think they were VERY surprised about the REASON I was on Oprah :), they played one of my songs on air, and then Miguel and I played "Standing My Ground" acoustic on air. It was so fun.




That's Rusty Walker on the left and Jim Daniels on the right.


They were such great people. It is SO fun to do an interview when it doesn't feel like you're being "interviewed" :) It really just felt like we were having a conversation. And before we even got back to the hotel room, Walker Daniels had already facebooked me, posted a video, and become a "fan"!

To see the a little clip Rusty Walker posted from the studio, click here.


We got back to the hotel, we all worked a bit and even napped for a few minutes and then we met Brian (THE MAN!) for lunch. Brian was our contact with the school, he's the one that set up the radio and tv spots for us, was there all day with us, AND was there ALL night helping out. (Plus, I think he had a trillion meetings in between helping us out all day) Brian is a Champion and we love him!!! But don't make him mad when he has a lighting pole in his hands... the boy sure can whack a head with one! I think I am still seeing stars... I don't even want to know what it would feel like if it was intentional ; )-


After lunch and hanging out with Brian for a little bit, we ran some errands before we had to go to the tv studio. Whew! We were playing FULL band on a local news show. It's pretty intense to set up a full band for tv... especially when you have time restraints. It was a bit tricky because there really wasn't a great way to get our sound to them. But we got something figured out with their sound guy and everything worked out great. It was a quick segment, so we talked for just a bit, and then we got RIGHT to the song. We played "Standing My Ground" and I felt pretty good about the performance.


As soon as we got packed up it was time to head to the school and start setting up there! So we were off once again!

I was REALLY excited. Not only did a whole bunch of students come, but some non-students came as well! This is Jeff and Trina. They are huge Scott Holt fans. Scott is an incredible Blues artist from Columbia, Tn - my hometown! They saw Scott a few years ago and have been going to his shows ever since. They drove all the way from Topeka to Columbia to the annual Christmas Benefit show that Scott and I do together. So they ended up seeing us play with Scott this last Christmas. And then they came to OUR show tonight! How cool, right? And notice that Jeff has on his official Natalie Stovall/Scott Holt t-shirt!!! YAY!




Caleb came up to me after the show and told me that "Angel" meant a lot to him. His grandmother passed away last week, and he told me it felt like I was singing about her. He said she was a lot like my Granny and was always supporting him to follow his dreams in life. When he started taking piano lessons, she BOUGHT him a piano. How amazing is that? So I was very touched by Caleb and his grandmother's story.


These girls were all visiting from Japan!!! They are here for 3 weeks. They were SOOOO sweet. We took tons of pictures, but I HAD to get one with the whole group. They were just adorable.


This boy was right up front - he was rappin with Hootie, shouting and hollerin all night, and he even did quite the hoe-down during the last song. :) He had em ALL goin in the front!


And this is Joshua. He was there with Brian when we pulled up to Washburn and helped us load gear before and after the show. AND he took pictures for me because I couldn't find my camera (I was panicked! But I found it later in my coat pocket.... NEVER put it there.... weird) SO I have to thank Joshua for sending me all of these pics tonight so I could do a complete blog!!!



So I have been up almost 24hrs now. I am pretty stoked about sleeping tonight. Pretty ready to get in bed. See y'all tomorrow!

Peace, Love, Fiddle,
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hay : )

I just saw your reply to me on the other post where you wrote how you visualize days as having colors and shapes.

Your beautiful explanation that you think about days in visual ways is so cool, when I saw it I was proud of you, excited about your creative yearningness, and so happy to know that your spirit and mind are so creative.

In your world which you beautifully share so it's our world we have days that have colors before we even wake up !!

Einstein once wrote that many can do math and science, but creativity is the best expresssion of genius. You got it all goin on fiddlin girl !!!!!! ( I wrote that very last line, but maybe Einstein thought it : )

I also believe creativity is a great way that God works through us, because God gave us everything including our creativity ( and everything : )

(I don't know why but I often love to close sentnces by saying "and everything", it's just so fun and all encompassing and everything : )

Well my google word verification is resti, so I hope y'all are counting some nice sheep !!

Happy and Safe Trails and Travels,
Your Favorite Farm Boy Fan : )

March 3, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home