This Page

has been moved to new address

Peace, Love, Fiddle, and Bre Strong!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Peace, Love, Fiddle, and Bre Strong!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Peace, Love, Fiddle, and Bre Strong!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Peace, Love, Fiddle, and Bre Strong!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Peace, Love, Fiddle, and Bre Strong!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Peace, Love, Fiddle, and Bre Strong!

Running Down A Dream

Friday, February 27, 2009

Peace, Love, Fiddle, and Bre Strong!

Good News!!!

I just found out that I have been nominated for APCA's "Female Solo Artist of the Year"!!! WOW!!!! I am so excited!!!
First, Campus Activities Magazine and now APCA, too! (APCA stands for Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities)
I sure was excited about going to college my whole life - especially when I was frustrated with the artistic limitations of my high school. Colleges seem to be the "gift that keeps on giving" in my life though!!! My personal experience at Berklee was more than I ever hoped for. And now, I spend so much of my time getting to play at the greatest schools in the country. It's great - it's all the fun parts of college - no homework... I just show up for the party! :)

Today was a good day for my soul. I spent the first half of the day with my best friend, Sarah Valley. Sarah and I met on our first day of orientation at the Opryland Kid's Club. Her mom was giving birth to her youngest brother that day - so we always celebrate our "friendship anniversary" on Nathan's birthday. :) Been almost 17 years now!!!! Crazy!!! We've spent so much of our lives performing together, singing, dancing, going to concerts.... SO many good times. :) I LOVE that girl.

www.myspace.com/sarahvalley




And tonight I surprised my sister's girls and went to have dinner with them. All I remember doing all night was LAUGHING. We were telling our favorite stories of the girls. My sister, Stephanie, has 3 girls, Bailey, Shelby, and Ansley. One of my favorites of Shelby: we went to see "Beauty and the Beast" at the IMAX and when it was over, she said REALLY loud so everyone could hear "Mommy. Rewind it!!!"
Adorable.

We went to have ice cream at the Marble Slab, and the girls all bought me a dress for my birthday since I won't be home. We had so much fun!!!


When we got home, Ansley was watching The Opryland Kid's Club Video. That thing has been in heavy rotation in our family for years!!! She was so sweet watching it - she kept saying "Look! Natalie! You're on tv! WATCH WATCH!" :)

And then Shelby read me her favorite book of all time. It is so silly and adorable. "The Dumb Bunnies' Easter":


Look at that cute ring Bailey helped me pick out!!! :) I am SUPER excited about it.

So yeah. Good day. It's such a blessing to be surrounded with such supportive and loving friends and family. I am so thankful every day for what I have. James and I are both so blessed, and especially now that our two families are joined. We don't get to see ANY of them as much as we'd like, but I'm sure ANYONE who is reading this could say that about their own friends and family. It's not about being on the road.... or living far apart.... or even living in the same town. One of my favorite quotes/thoughts is from James' Dad. He says "Two people can be thousands of miles apart and be closer than 2 people who live in the same house."
It is SO true.


Before I close up shop for the night, I want to leave you with one more thing. I have to tell you about my friend Bre. She is one of the stronget and most beautiful women I know. A few months ago, I got an ecstatic phone call from Bre. She was sharing with me that she is pregnant. Lots of hollerin, clapping, and grinning so hard my cheeks were hurting ensued after she told me the news. Well, a few weeks later she called back with a much more serious tone. She had found out that she had breast cancer and would need Chemotherapy. I had NO IDEA it was safe to have chemo while being pregnant. But let me tell you.... Bre is a fighter, and if there is ANYONE in this world who can get through this, it is her. I tell you all of this because I think she is an inspiration. She is as radiant as I have ever seen her, yet I know she is going through one of the toughest stages of life. I only hope I can face all of life's challenges with her spirit. She reminds me of my Granny who kicked Breast Cancer's butt at the age of 86!!! Who does that?!?! Granny. She never flinched. And that is exactly how Bre is. Breast Cancer? Preggers? Bring it on!!!

This is Bre "getting one more laugh in before ALL her hair fell out" Yeah Mo-hawks!!!


And the day it all fell out. How beautiful is she?!?


A friend has set up a website for her and they are selling "Bre Strong" bracelets and t-shirts to help raise money for the astronomical medical costs. I can't WAIT to get mine!!! We are leaving so early tomorrow for Arkansas that I won't be able to pick mine up until we come back in a month. But I thought I would share in case anyone is interested!!! I know we have all been directly or indirectly affected by cancer of some kind. Whether it is friends, family, ourselves, co-workers. And something so simple - a $5 purchase of a bracelet will go a LONG way to help Bre and her sweet baby and her husband make it through this tough time in their lives.

http://brestrong.giving.officelive.com/

Peace, Love, Fiddle, and Bre Strong!!!
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Village People said...

Congratulations! Today is Emily's 12th birthday (Music Man Amaryllis girl at University of Wisconsin-Parkisde: http://nataliestovall.blogspot.com/2009/02/university-of-wisonsin-parkside-arts.html).

February 27, 2009 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

Oh my goodness!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!!!! YAY!!!

February 27, 2009 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger The Reliches said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! Love, Uncle Mark, Aunt Autumne, Christina, Nicholas, Curtis, & Marc Andrew

February 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hey Natalie,

We will be sure to keep Bre in our thoughts and prayers and also check out her website and buy some bracelets. God be with you Bre, and your family too !!

Natalie, congratulations on receiving another nomination !!!!! All us farm boys would vote for you if we could, but we quit going to school when they quit offering recess : )

It's also time to be praying for safe travels for Natalie and the boys !!

God speed and God bless y'all, when you're back hopefully Spring will have sprung around here !!

As you take off for another awesome adventure it's so cool that googles word verification is winged (defined as "soaring with or as if with wings" !!

Happy Soaring to Natalie and the Boys !!

Much Love From All Us Farm Boys !!

February 27, 2009 at 10:45 PM  
Blogger Matt Andrews Photography said...

Hey Nat, I'll have to subscribe to your blog. I just googled Bre Strong and your blog popped up!

Congrats on all of your musical success by the way!!!
-Matt

May 17, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home