This Page

has been moved to new address

How Do You See The Days of the Week?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: How Do You See The Days of the Week?

This Page

has been moved to new address

How Do You See The Days of the Week?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: How Do You See The Days of the Week?

This Page

has been moved to new address

How Do You See The Days of the Week?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: How Do You See The Days of the Week?

Running Down A Dream

Sunday, March 1, 2009

How Do You See The Days of the Week?

We woke up to a bright, beautiful day in Arkansas. The snow had mostly melted away and we were off on a safe journey here to Topeka, Kansas. :)

We stopped at iHop for lunch - it was PACKED. That was really strange for us to see :) We are usually in iHop in the weee hours of the morning.... when no one is there... but lunchtime on Sunday is hoppin!! (hehee, I just made a funny) They got backed up in the kitchen (or maybe our order got overlooked) and we sat and sat. We weren't a bit annoyed - we were just talking, but I had noticed that people who were seated after us had already finished, and we hadn't even gotten our food yet. They finally brought our food out, apologized for the wait, and told us they were going to take 40% off. Well, heck yeah! I hear that!

Heeey.... I like ihop. Jim Gaffigan? Anyone?

So while we were waiting... and waiting :) We got into an interesting conversation.

How do you visualize the days of the week? When you are picturing them in your head, do you see them in a straight line? A vertical line? Are there colors assigned to each day... or shades?

I'm not sure when I became conscious of it, but I visualize the days of the week in an oval-like shape. Kind-of like an egg with Wed at the top and Sat and Sun at the bottom at the base.
They don't really have colors, per-say, but just shades. Mon and Fri are the brightest... like a burst of light is hitting them, Wed is a warm color.... like a darker blue.... Sat and and Sun are darker.... brownish to green.

I know I can't be the only one who thinks about this. But I do think maybe it is strange that I visualize them in a circle.... cause my whole life I have seen them written out in a line. I wonder why? I picture the alphabet in a line... And numbers are in a line.... kind of a diagonal line... going upwards... slightly.... but each group of 10's has a different shade.

But I'm curious how everyone else thinks about this. The guys all say they visualize them in a straight line. But Miguel agreed with me on the shades.

K. I'll stop.

Peace, Love, Fiddle,
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird! I've never seen your blog before, but I was just thinking about this and wondering if anyone else visualizes things like this. I googled it, and this came up.

Very interesting! I see the days of the week in a sort of diagonal line.

March 2, 2009 at 5:21 AM  
Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

That is so awesome that Emily Rugburn googled and found your comment and responded !! You have started a great philosophical pondering movement Natalie Stovall !!

You may be surprised, but I have never pondered about the shape or shade of days, except that calendars have them as square, so I too thought in squares, but I like your ovals and colors much better, and have sent a memo to my brain to be thusly trained and casually engrained.

If we had a delightful expanded visualization of days like you, us farm boys would probably see every day filled with pretty farm girls wearing their Daisy Duke shorts, and running bare foot through the flowers and fields.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful view, and thank you for being interested in what we visualize and everything !! : )

( My google word verification is "lighti" : ) : )

March 2, 2009 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

Emily! Thank you for telling me how you found my blog!!! How funny :) And yours are a diagonal line... like numbers are for me :) Awesome.

Farm Boy - REALLY!?!?! I can't believe you've never thought of that before. That really surprises me :)
It's funny though - it's not something you necessarily *think* about... I'm not really sure why I became conscious of it. I don't think there are many topics I could find that you have never THOUGHT of before. I'm proud :)

~natalie

March 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM  
Blogger kleerstreem said...

Did you leave Thursday?

March 20, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home