This Page

has been moved to new address

Before Electricity...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Before Electricity...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Before Electricity...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Before Electricity...

This Page

has been moved to new address

Before Electricity...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Before Electricity...

Running Down A Dream

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Before Electricity...

I got to spend some time with Granny today :)

As I was showing her how my phone can take a picture of us as we are looking at it...


She started telling me stories about how she remembers when they got their first light bulb. She still remembers her mother taking a lamp from room to room in their home BEFORE they had any sort of electricity. But eventually they got a light bulb - it was attached to a long chord in the center of the room... no shade around it... just the bulb. :)

It's just amazing to think about, you know?

I mean, she was telling me how my Grandpa Tom loved to travel and he REALLY wanted to stay in a hotel on Times Square on one of their trips. She wasn't exactly thrilled... but she knew it would make him happy. Times Square was run down and not real pretty at the time. But she was impressed with how clean the rooms were. They weren't much to look at. And the toilet was IN the room - no separate door or partition. Just in the room next to the bed. And you had to pull a big lever from the ceiling to flush it since there wasn't running water in the room. Hmmm... ?? I don't really understand that part.

We were trying to figure out what year she was there. It was some time around 1940 - So I googled a pic of Times Square in 1940 on my phone to see if she recognized anything... My how the times have changed. She didn't even have a bathroom in her hotel on Times Square - you had to go down the hallway to take a shower.... But these days I can look up a picture of that exact hotel from that year...

...on my cell phone. :)

100 years young and still telling me stories I've never heard before.

What an inspiration.

Peace. Love Fiddle.
~natalie

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hay : )

That's a beeyouteafull picture of you and Granny !!

I loved your analogy of back then ... and then now you can see a pic of back then on your cell phone.

Archie and I think the terlet water must have been up high for gravity : )

It's awesome that you thought about me and plain to see on the same day I posted about it !!

It's cool that our spirits are connected even when you are far away !! So right now and often through everyday I send you much love and prayers and everything nice, cool and groovey I can think of, and I know that you'll feel it (and that makes big smiles in my heart !!

You've got so many people loving and pulling for you if you feel us all at once you may have to set down quickly just to take all the love in !!

With lots of love that's plain to see,
Your FFBF : )

October 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home