This Page

has been moved to new address

Shalimar

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Shalimar

This Page

has been moved to new address

Shalimar

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Shalimar

This Page

has been moved to new address

Shalimar

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Shalimar

Running Down A Dream

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shalimar

In the spirit of Christmas and worldliness...

ok. ok. Actually, because friends invited us...

I ventured into Shalimar tonight. :) I tried Indian food. James and I went with some friends who knew what to recommend. And everyone that I have ever heard talk about Indian food in this town has mentioned how great Shalimar is... and it is just a hop, skip, and a jump from our place.

It's completely unfair... but movies have never made trying Indian food an appealing thing to do. And that has really been my biggest point of reference. But stereotypically... if they want someone to get sick in a movie... they go to an Indian restaurant. That is so not the case!!! At least in my case!!! And I don't exactly have a stomach made of steel.

It was so fun to go with friends that knew what to order. We tried Samosas - which were little fried dumplings shaped like a pear, that had cute little umbrellas in them :) like a tropical drink. And then James and I both ordered the chicken tikka masala at varying degrees of hotness :)

I really expected to see a lot more exotic meats on the menu, but it was mostly white chicken breast that marinates in different spices overnight. And I'm not sure what I expected as far as the spices go - but I definitely would have expected something a bit more jolting and surprising to my palate. (Wow... I really don't know what I am talking about... I think I have watched too much Top Chef this year) The flavors were really good! And I am ready to go back any time :) (Who am I kidding? I have an entire box of left overs in my fridge)

Peace. Love. And Curried Fiddles.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Congrats on your nominations !!

You should very easily win the purtiest and most awesome talented categories !!

We're gonna vote early and vote often, just like we do when there's a presidential election : )

December 20, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home