This Page

has been moved to new address

Audio Technica, Princess Bride, Sopranos, and iHop

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Audio Technica, Princess Bride, Sopranos, and iHop

This Page

has been moved to new address

Audio Technica, Princess Bride, Sopranos, and iHop

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Audio Technica, Princess Bride, Sopranos, and iHop

This Page

has been moved to new address

Audio Technica, Princess Bride, Sopranos, and iHop

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Audio Technica, Princess Bride, Sopranos, and iHop

Running Down A Dream

Monday, March 9, 2009

Audio Technica, Princess Bride, Sopranos, and iHop

Rain Rain Rain!!! Whew. Makes for some very slow and careful driving :)

We had a little bit of moisture in the trailer last night when we were unloading. Makes us all nervous about our gear.... we were hoping to seal up the trailer better today, but it was still raining.... we'll have to wait until it is dry to do anything about it. So we stopped at a gas station and wrapped a bunch of our stuff up for a little extra protection. :) We were a sight at Love's today standing in the pouring rain wrapping up instruments and amps in garbage bags. Do what you gotta do, though!

Aunt Carol took us to bruch today at Denny's :) She's just the most wonderful lady. We always have a good time hanging out with her! It is the best when family comes to shows.

Sat in traffic for a good while today outside of Chicago. That looks like such a fun city. I have been a few times but it's always for a very quick trip... Never gotten to spend any time there. I hope to soon!

So I've been holding back on sharing something :) I didn't want to say anything until I had a chance to test it out at least once!

Audio Technica sent me a couple of vocal microphones to try out on the road!!! I am REALLY excited. For years I have been using the same ole mics, and I am ready to find something I really like. They are a great company and they have been so wonderful to work with. They have supplied ALL the mics on the Grammy's for the last 12 years. So you KNOW they're good!

I used one of the mics in the show last night in Janesville. And Hootie used the other one. We'll switch for the next show. :) It'll be hard to tell which is my favorite on the road because of ALL the factors that go into playing in a different room and a different sound system every night.

I am very much looking forward to sitting down with my sound system and playing with them. :) I KNOW my own system very well, and it will be the best way for me to gauge how each mic sounds with my voice.... Kinda like when I am looking at fiddles. I don't want to JUST play the fiddle anymore. I want to hear it through MY amp :) It's the best way to know what I will be the most happy with!

I actually got the Audio Technica mics on my birthday. We had them send the box to Aunt Deana's because we knew we'd be stopping there. It was a GREAT birthday present! Plus they sent the guys and me some SWAG. I am wearing the cute t-shirt they sent right now : )


We watched the Princess Bride in the car today. Miguel had never seen it :) What a GREAT movie. And then we went back to the Sopranos. We're already on Season 3 and we just started watching them on this trip! It's pretty addictive. It is such a well-written show. We made it to just a little past Toledo, Ohio. And y'all... we ended up at a very entertaining iHop tonight for dinner. There was NOTHING for hundreds of miles except fast food which we try to avoid. But this iHop... man.... crazy customers. One table sent 3 different things back! I felt bad for our waitress... Not quite as fun as the iHop in Jackson Tn with the bluegrass jams twice a week... THAT was the best iHop ever. Did NOT see that one coming when we walked in :)

Wonder where we'll be tomorrow night? One can never tell...

Peace, Love, Fiddle,
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Wani said...

The Princess Bride is one of my all time favorite movies!! It has it all: pirates, romance, adventure, sword fights, true love, etc... what could be better?!

March 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

I KNOW!

"In my day.... television used to be called books." :)

I was just trying to do my part - making sure Miguel got to see it!

March 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

You may think I made something up (again), but I believe Audio Technica sent you the mics because I dressed up like you and took a distant picture with me singing into a tin can phone, and I told Audio Technica that I, I mean you, really needed a mic from this century and I, I mean you, could have an even better chance at a Grammy if you had one of Audio Technica's spiffy new real live mics.

I wasn't sure they were going to give you a mic, so I used a great hidden talent I have, and on cue I cried crockodile tears so deep even the hippos went in the ponds to seek shelter.

When my eye make up started running they caved in and said they would send the mics. They also said that based on my appearance they are throwing in a free decade of makeovers, so you may want to send them a real picture of you pretty soon; hopefully they will not want the mics back when they learned a fan with unbrideled enthusiasm jumped in the saddle : )

(I think I just created up a new word, unbrideled, means ain't married : )

Or maybe I just made every word of this pondering up because I like to give you things to enjoy as you ride down the road, or if you just smile real big and think - that big goofy farm boy - then my mission is accomplished because I helped plant a smile today.

Well, I better go fertilize some smiles I planted yesterday, and Tuesday is kiss planting day, so all the Shady Grove Farm Girls better be hiding : )

Happy Trails !!
Your FFBF (Fave Farm Boy Fan : )

March 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

Mission ACCOMPLISHED!!!! 50-fold. Every time.

I can't HELP but smile every time I see a comment from you - before I even start reading - the anticipation makes me all giddy. :) It doesn't feel like a real blog anymore without a comment from my FFBF!

March 9, 2009 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Gosh I'm all aglow !! It's such a wonderful feeling to have such a sweet person like you write such a nice thing.

I feel like my whole body softly blushed, your kind words are great for my aging circulation that's attached to my child like brain and spirit.

Natalie Stovall, much much better than expensive Pharmaceutical circulatory medicine !! : )

It makes me smile big time that you said you get all giddy just seeing that I commented. You have such a wonderful positive spirit that uplifts everyone around you, and it is awesome to me that you enjoy my little additions to your day. Next time I see you I hope I remember to say Giddy Up : )

As you know I try to be creative as often as possible but I am very shy about sharing what I write, because we never know what people will think, and then even if a whole lot of people enjoy someones writing or talent there may still be some who don't.

So thank you, thank you very much for your sweet spirit and big heart that caused you to write such a nice thing!! It's also very cool to me that someone as entertaining as you gets a kick out of me : )

I loved when you recently wrote about how you saw days as having colors. Over the years I hope to learn much more about how you view things and create things. I think creatively the great majority of everyday; a whole lot of what I think about now is how to prevent hunger of people and animals, how to get people involved in contacting our leaders and getting results so everyone in the world has food. I'm sort of failing at that, but I pray a lot and everything is in God's hands.

I just love creative art thinking and brainstorming. I am pleasantly overwhelmed by believing that there is an infinity of love, beauty, and creativity, and we get to enjoy and play eternally. God is so awesome, of course he has to be because he made you, and James and all the boys in your band who take such great care of you !! and Cinnamon too !!

Every now and then there might be a day I don't comment because I had doc appointments or my vision is running on empty ( or my internet connection is in a coma : ), but my day is not complete without checking your blog.

I recently realized that I can see your pictures bigger if I click on them, so now Natalie is almost lifesized right here in Shady Grove Tennessee !!

We'll be praying that God watches over you and keeps you and the boys safe on the road, and we'll keep a little light on for you here in Tennessee, and a big place in our hearts !!

Lot's of Love from your FFBF : ) (I have to think about the FFBF awhile to get the letters right : )

March 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home