This Page

has been moved to new address

103WKDF, Froggy 100.9, and UMASS Dartmouth!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: 103WKDF, Froggy 100.9, and UMASS Dartmouth!

This Page

has been moved to new address

103WKDF, Froggy 100.9, and UMASS Dartmouth!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: 103WKDF, Froggy 100.9, and UMASS Dartmouth!

This Page

has been moved to new address

103WKDF, Froggy 100.9, and UMASS Dartmouth!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: 103WKDF, Froggy 100.9, and UMASS Dartmouth!

Running Down A Dream

Friday, March 13, 2009

103WKDF, Froggy 100.9, and UMASS Dartmouth!

I woke to a flood of delightful texts and phone calls from Nashville this morning!!! It was some very exciting news that at first... in my groggy state... I didn't quite believe it.

Wylie Rose on 103.3WKDF in the morning gave me a shout out on the radio station!!! I've heard a few different stories - everyone had their own version (kind of like the game telephone... but only real-life telephone) but the basic gist is that she said something along the lines of "If Natalie Stovall can't get a record deal... then I don't know who can." Ummm. WHOA. REALLY!?!?! That is pretty much one of the sweetest and most awesome comments on the radio I have ever heard.

Wylie and I met last November when I did a benefit for the Raining Season at 3rd and Lindlsey. There were tons of HUGE songwriters and great performers there. Wylie was the host of the evening. She had such incredibly kind things to say to me after the show. And to hear that she gave me a shout out ON AIR on one of Nashville's best country stations... well that my friends, ROCKS.

SO thank you to Wylie and David in the mornings on 103.3, and thank you to everyone who called to let me know they were talking about me!!!

I did my own interview over the phone with Froggy 100.9 in Barre Vermont today! Jim Severance had me on his "Drive at 5" show this afternoon. He was giving away 2 tickets to our show tomorrow night, and then they'll be giving away more tickets in the morning!! Hehe. So fun. I even got to pick which caller would win - but it was pretaped, so I didn't actually get to hear the winner. Oh well. Maybe I'll get to meet them tomorrow night!

And then on to tonight! We did a show at UMASS Dartmouth, I was really excited to be here - it's only an hour away from Boston!!! So I feel like I am at home. :) I was talking to one of the guys tonight and he had a really thick Boston accent. I asked where he was from (just checking) and of course Boston. Isn't it funny how a very strong Boston accent and a really strong Southern accent BOTH make me feel at home?

The University of Massachusetts in Dartmouth is Paul's alma mater!!! Paul (aka my manager) went to school here :) And since it is only an hour away from where he lives now, he came out to the show!!!! I always love it when Paul comes. And he's gotten to come to a lot more shows lately since we have been up in the northeast more.
Oh Paul. :)


There were SOOOO Many students there to help us today. Load in and load out seem like a breeze!!!
All the members of CAB who helped put on our show tonight!


And here's Chris who was our main contact and the Student Supervisor :)


They made some really cool posters for the show :)

They even made Life size Natalie Posters :)


You'd think I'd be able to do that pose down to a "T"... close.... at least I am wearing the same belt :)

Paul!!! Paul helped guide us to the venue and was so helpful the whole night. He even took us to the late-night dining place on campus so we could get some grub after the show. Thank you for everything! Told you I'd put this in my blog!!! I expect the same from you :)


Tapan. I loved this guy. The first thing he said was, "Say "hi" to your Granny for me. Tell her thank you for putting you on stage." And then later on he said "I just want to meet your Granny and talk to her." HOW COOL IS THAT? Granny will LOVE that story. I'm sure Mamma will print out this blog and take it to her... so "HI GRANNY." From Natalie and your new friend Tapan in Dartmouth Massachusetts.

I also love the guy in the background who is ALREADY wearing the Peace, Love, Fiddle shirt he JUST bought! :)

Jeff! Jeff did an interview with me for the school paper. Plus he was the photographer for tonight! He was pulling double duty.
:)


This guy knows EVERY word to Taylor Swift's songs. The ladies like that :) He's a smart guy.


He was VERY happy when we threw in a little Zepplin :)



And I am so bummed. I didn't get a picture with Austin. What was I thinking!?!?! Or not thinking... actually.... Austin was our soundman for the evening. And Chris informed me before the show that Austin's birthday was yesterday. :)- So we played Beatles Happy Birthday song and got him up on stage to dance it out. He was SUCH a good sport!!!

And also it is my Daddy's Birthday today!!!! He doesn't have myspace, facebook, or twitter, so instead of updating my status' today... I'll reach him through my blog. This is currently my favorite pic of me and Daddy. (Who everyone calls Colonel. Cause... well... he is. Yup. Retired Colonel from the Army. Don't mess with this guy. He's had to chew monkey meat!!! - and he's a jungle expert)

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hey Super Star !!

I'm so happy that Wiley gave you the Super props !!

(This next part may make you dizzy)
It's funny that I read this post first, and I was going to come back and comment after I checked yesterdays post to see if you commented to my comment, and then you did comment to my comment and mentioned you hoped that I saw today's post, then I decided not to comment to your comment on my comment on the other post, but instead come back to this post and esplain everthang : )

( After reading that, aspirin or Jack Daniels anyone : ) : )

And of course I read today's post ( with big crockodile tears I continue ) because you are already so popular you rarely land in Nashville anymore so online is the closest we can get to you, but we are doing our best ( whine whine ) to maintain our composture, which is harder to do than you might think because there is a fine balance between the cool stuff in the compost and "breaking it down". Yes, we break it down on the farm, but rarely brake : )

I have been meaning to take one of your CD's to Wiley, because she was so very impressed with your singing at 3rd and Lindsley. I will try to drop one by their office in the next month or two, and leave a note for her saying I'm a fan who wants to be sure she has one of your CD's. If that's not a good idea please email me or respond here.

I would have already taken her a Cd but my vision keeps my thoughts pretty scrambled regarding whole days, as you can tell by my flying by the seat of my pants writings on here : ) : ) : )

A big Happy Birthday day to your dad !!!! Please tell him and your mom that all us farm boys are so happy that their contributions to your gene pool turned out to create a huge splash of beauty, talent, sweet heart, and wonderful spirit, and more and more and more !!

We are very impressed with the monkey meat your dad ate and have ordered a big batch to see how it will go with chitlins and hog jowels. If we survive we'll let you know how it tastes : ) : )

Happiest Trails !!

March 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home