This Page

has been moved to new address

W-I-O-Waaaaaaa

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: W-I-O-Waaaaaaa

This Page

has been moved to new address

W-I-O-Waaaaaaa

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: W-I-O-Waaaaaaa

This Page

has been moved to new address

W-I-O-Waaaaaaa

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: W-I-O-Waaaaaaa

Running Down A Dream

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

W-I-O-Waaaaaaa

In case you were wondering... Stowe, Vermont to Ames Iowa is a LONG drive. Very, very long. It was snowing today on our drive in. We were so close to the gig... but the roads sure did look like they did last February when we had our wreck. James didn't even realize how tense he was until he noticed that BOTH of his hands were asleep (from grabbing the steering wheel so tightly).

I went through the same thing on part of our drive to Vermont. It was only a few hours - but we were on some state highways that were just two lane roads, curving around mountains in the snow in the dark.... I was going the speed limit but not ANY faster.... which apparently made people very angry. Especially since we are pulling that trailer... I was taking it really easy around the curves. And people kept passing us over a double yellow line. Real smart people. It was stressing me out. But going any faster wasn't an option. And after you've been hit by a semi because of road conditions... it adds a whole new perspective to driving.

But it was worth the incredibly long haul to get here ;) We played a really great show. They actually had foosball, pool tables, Poker tables, Buck Hunting, Car racing games, and electronic darts going the whole night. It was pretty impressive. The guys and I had a pretty awesome foosball game going at the end of the night. I'm pretty terrible. But I don't ever play that game in my defense! And I try really hard. But everyone had a REALLY good time. It was hundreds of men with only 3 or 4 ladies again :) So they weren't getting up and dancing or anything. Well... except for this one guy who called himself "The Rabbit." He was doing all KINDS of dance moves. So I got him up to sing on "Love Shack" :) But the crowd was singing their hearts out by the end of the night! We played almost every song we know (or know well enough to play without rehearsing) and then we played "Living On a Prayer" for an encore. We haven't played that song in FOREVER. It was really fun :) Made me think of Cameron from Sam Hill's in Columbia!

I am so worn out. These drives have really taken it out of me these last few days. But we get to go home tomorrow for a few days. I can't wait to see Cinnamon. I miss that sweet puppy so much.

Night y'all!

PS Anyone who gets the Backyardigans reference in the title gets bonus points. :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn, la Esposa de Miguel said...

Corniest Station in the Nation Baby!

January 28, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home