This Page

has been moved to new address

Live Video Taping, The Well, and WHEREVER YOU ARE!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Live Video Taping, The Well, and WHEREVER YOU ARE!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Live Video Taping, The Well, and WHEREVER YOU ARE!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Live Video Taping, The Well, and WHEREVER YOU ARE!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Live Video Taping, The Well, and WHEREVER YOU ARE!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Live Video Taping, The Well, and WHEREVER YOU ARE!

Running Down A Dream

Monday, January 19, 2009

Live Video Taping, The Well, and WHEREVER YOU ARE!

I am back home in Tennessee and it will be the first night I have slept in my own bed since the New Year began! Pretty happy about that :) But I'm definitely not complaining!!!! This year has begun with such an energetic start, and I don't plan on slowing down. If we can keep this pace up... well... then all the huge things I am dreaming about are just at my fingertips!

After receiving such a warm welcome at Texas A&M University in Kingsville, we headed on to Dallas.
We were filming some live videos in Dallas at a club in Deep Ellum. The guys at Frozen Fire Films do such incredible work, so when the opportunity presented itself, we JUMPED at the chance to be a part of this taping! I am really excited to see the footage, but it'll take a few weeks before we can see any of the film.
But here's a sneak peak at some still pics that Randy Peterson took during the filming. :)









They were also shooting video for another up-and-coming artist named Katie Mariah. Katie is from Oklahoma and is getting ready to release her first cd! That is THE most exciting time for an artist and I am so excited for her. She and her band sounded SOOO good at the show. You can check her out at:

http://www.myspace.com/katiemariahmusic

She has an adorable video about her very first radio interview.... I wish I had captured my first one on tape! How cool is that?!?
Plus you can listen to a few tracks off the new cd on her myspace page!

We had another show later that evening at The Well Coffee Lounge in Royse City Texas. (This is the one that I posted the article about yesterday) Now, I had NEVER played in Royse City before, and I had never been to this venue before. We knew going into it that we wouldn't be able to set up our FULL stage. I mean, James only set up a kick and snare... and we all turned our amps way down. We never want to blast anyone out of their seats - especially in a more intimate environment.

So we start unloading our equipment and we could barely get in the door the place was so packed!!!! There ended up being over 75 people there! Which was PACKED OUT in that place!!!! It was just the best feeling. :)

It is SO much fun to play to an audience like that. Every show we play right now is so different. And this one just made me feel like I was in someone's living room... I mean, a pretty large living room... but you get it. Most shows we play are not this intimate. And though I am a ham and I LOVE a GINORMOUS audience, there is something so special about playing this kind of show. I was really able to talk to everyone and see their facial expressions and hear what they were yelling out to me. We played two, 45 minute sets, and I just told so many stories about my songs. It was a delight to play there. And the people all just felt like family. Texas is so similar to Tennessee and even though I didn't know anyone there, I felt like I was playing at home.

This little one - Evan aka MR. PERSONALITY!!!! He was getting DOWN To "If I Run To You Now" so I felt like I needed to give him something that was a little more "dance friendly" :) I dedicated "Orange Blossom Special" to him and he clogged and just did his own thang the whole song!!



This is Zach, the creator of "Zach's Wellnini" - only the most amazing Panini I have ever tried!




And this is Jen - one of the owners of The Well (the other is her sister, Kari)




And before I leave you for the evening, I must share one of my favorite moments from stage at this show..... We played "Wherever You Are" and after the song was finished, I said "that one went out to everyone in a long distance relationship". And Hootie leaned into me and said "You just have to sing it REALLY loud". I didn't even realize what he meant or get that he was making a joke at first... But once it sank in - I couldn't stop laughing. I turned around a couple of times and almost shared it with the audience, but the moment had passed, plus I couldn't speak anyway cause I was laughing so hard. Don't know why that cracked me up so much....

You have to sing it really loud so the other person can hear you.....

And so since then he'll just come up to me and scream "WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!!!!" :) Oh Hoot....

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home