This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Happy Mother's Day!!!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Happy Mother's Day!!!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Happy Mother's Day!!!

Running Down A Dream

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's day to conventional and unconventional Mamma's EVERYWHERE!!!

I don't know what I'd do without my Mamma. And I am so thankful to be able to say that. I watched Precious tonight with my Mamma-in-law. And whew. The kleenex's were out in full force. That's one girl that didn't know what to do until she got rid of her Mamma. Sure put Mother's Day into perspective. I can't wait to go give mine a big hug.

It was so awesome to get to spend today with my mother-in-law. I love how you get more Mamma's as you grow up and your family expands! It's such a bonus. We had a lovely NY Brunch this afternoon. And the best Mother's Day present of all? James' step-dad is doing SOOOO much better today after his heart surgery a few days ago. It's been a long few days. He's been a champion but I can't necessarily say the same for the care he's been given. But today was absolutely a gift.

I'm not feeling very poetic right now. So instead of trying to use my own words I leave you with my favorite Mamma-ism:

"It won't be noticed on a galloping horse"

Seriously. It won't.

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

Mamma and I love to swing! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hay : )

I'm so happy that James's step-dad is doing better !! We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers !!

I'd like your Mamma and Granny to know that I'm honored that they are honored that I thought of them on Mothers Day !!

It was a natural thought that occurred in my brain like lightning because all us Farm Boys know wonderful Mamma's like y'all make our world go round and help keep our hearts filled with love and our feet planted firmly on freshly plowed ground !!

Since I'm country I better let you know that if y'all respond that you are honored that I'm honored that you are honored, then we may be adding to that 4ever ... and if you thank me I will thank you for thanking me and here in Shady Grove we have fun carrying that on until the sun sets, gthe moon rises and then the rooster crows about 45 minutes before sunrise (I don't know why the roosters don't wait at least till the sun comes up : )

Nat, someday I would like to know if I understand your favorite Mamma-ism correctly.

I think "It won't be noticed on a galloping horse" means that something will not get the attention it deserves, but my mind often sees alternative ideas so there is a chance it means the horse is a distraction from the thing that should be noticed.

Whatever the answer I love the saying and hope you will give us more Mamma-isms and compile them for a great book of quotes from Natty's Mamma Patty : )

I hope you know that there are thousands of volunteers helping all the flood victims !! Hope Springs eternal and what God brings us to he will bring us through !!

With Lot's of Love,
Your FFBF

May 10, 2010 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Farm Boy,

I don't think that there can be too many thankyous or in honor ofs in the world, so let's gopher it! Odd infant night um!!!

Whew! I think you are rubbing off on me!

As for the galloping horse-ism. I really can't take credit for that. I heard it all MY life, too, from MY mamma and grandmamma. So, in that respect, I guess it can truly be a mamma-ism from generation to generation. Of course, when my grandmother was saying it, she probably envisioned an entirely different meaning.

So as an example, take the time I was knitting in the car and managed to stick the point of the knitting needle through my favorite pair of black pants (that I was wearing at the time). I loved those black pants and they still had a few good miles left in them, so I put a little piece of tape behind the hole to keep it from gaping open, and now when I put them on, I just say. "It won't be noticed on a galloping horse."

Or for instance, you are sitting in church and you look down and notice that you are wearing two different colored socks. Nothing else to do but say, "Well, it won't be noticed on a galloping horse!"

Does that help?

May 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

Mamma spelled it "MAMMA"! Not "Momma"!!! Weird. We're both rubbing off on her, Farm Boy. I know it doesn't matter which way you spell it. I just like all the "a's" and "m's" :)

But Mamma has always spelled it with the "o"

"O" well...

Guess to anyone else... It wouldn't be noticed on a galloping horse.

May 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home