This Page

has been moved to new address

Family

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Family

This Page

has been moved to new address

Family

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Family

This Page

has been moved to new address

Family

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Family

Running Down A Dream

Monday, November 30, 2009

Family

Family is so wonderful.

And you know what's awesome? When you get married, your family doubles in size! James and I are so lucky because we both LOVE each other's families. We have spent the last few days in Iowa with his Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, Mom and Step Dad. His entire family is so wonderful. And from the moment I met them all, they have welcomed me as one of their own.

Every year, his Aunt Carol gets hotel rooms for everyone on the Saturday night after Thanksgiving. The hotel is great because there's a big open area with games, and a pool, and tables. We all just hang out, eat pizza and goodies, and talk all night. The next day, everyone piles into Aunt Carol's house, and has Thanksgiving Dinner. And one of my favorite traditions are the CRAFTS! I never knew how much I would enjoy such a simple thing. It's usually the ladies (surprise, surprise)... but Carol provides all kinds of crafts - you can make Christmas ornaments, bracelets, key chains... all kinds of crafty things :) I feel like I am back at Camp Nickajack :) Although... we didn't have glue dots at Nickajack! GREAT invention.

But everyone sits and works, and catches up on missing one another. I love Thanksgiving with both of my families because when I think back on them, I remember lots and lots of laughing. It's just the best.

Grandma and Grandpa sold the farm to a wonderful couple that is ELATED to have that amazing house and land. And now they have moved closer to town in a beautiful home. James and I are getting to stay with them for the first time tonight. It is beautiful, and we are so happy for them! Their kitchen cabinets have shelves that PULL OUT like drawers! Why have I never seen this before? It's the little things, folks. The little things.

I'm gonna finish watching Erin Brockovich and turn in for the night, y'all.

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home