This Page

has been moved to new address

I almost got in a bar fight tonight

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: I almost got in a bar fight tonight

This Page

has been moved to new address

I almost got in a bar fight tonight

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: I almost got in a bar fight tonight

This Page

has been moved to new address

I almost got in a bar fight tonight

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: I almost got in a bar fight tonight

Running Down A Dream

Sunday, October 11, 2009

I almost got in a bar fight tonight

Seriously.

It was ridiculous.

I haven't had someone up in my face like this since public school in 8th grade when Dusty Vance heard that I didn't like him dating my best friend. It was the only time I ever ended up in the principal's office because he got up in my face and threatened me in the hallway and a lot of people witnessed it. I had to give my version of the story to the principal. (Dusty told me he was gonna bash my head in).

We played TWO shows today. We opened for the Carter Twins at UConn - it was AMAZING. And THEN we drove to Henniker, NH to play for New England College. BOTH shows were amazing for different reasons. That's unusual, we don't always get to play 1 or especially 2 awesome shows in 1 day.

So then we went to check into our hotel, and headed across the street to the "Chinese Restaurant and Pub" (I kid you not) to have a drink. Tomorrow (so at midnight) it is James' birthday. Plus Paul (my manager) is with us, plus it's been a long, hard week.

So.... this very inebriated woman (that we had actually been cheering for her unique dance moves) came up to our table out of no where to ask us some very important questions. She was a little intimidating... I mean... REALLY intimidating. Like, maybe steroids? And she said more than once, "I've lived and I've died" (hmm?) and then she wanted to know "What does money mean to you?" Chris would try to divert her attention, so then she'd yell at him and say "I'm NOT talking to you!!!" And then keep on with her "What does money mean to you?" She would go from Paul, to James, to Miguel. And THEN it went to "What does Life mean to you?"

Well, then out of nowhere and for no real reason any of us could come up with... she start pointing at me and saying pretty aggressively "I don't like your demeanor". I looked at her - shocked. I mean, there were a few moments, where I was worried she was going to throw up on Paul or my husband by HER demeanor... so maybe that's what she was picking up on. But she started shouting at me and kept saying "You're Demeaning ME!" which... ummm... isn't English.

Another girl, Tiffany, even got involved. Tiffany and I hadn't met yet, but she vouched for me and kept saying we're good friends, and said I was a Barbie doll and wouldn't be "demeaning" her.

Whoa.

I didn't know what was going on. I think I was just scared and confused the entire time. There were a few times I thought she was gonna jump across the table at me. When I shook her hand earlier, she almost broke all the bones in my hand, so I really didn't want to feel something (like a punch) where she was trying to hurt me. But, also, I had 4 guys at the table with me. And... well.... come to find out later.... the ENTIRE bar that she had already insulted for no apparent reason. So if she had even tried to lunge at me, it would have been very unfortunate for her.

But there were a few minutes where I was legitimately scared! Whew. Close one. Paul, Tiffany, and I are all good friends now, though. I don't know where Tiffany came from, but she really helped me out tonight!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Glad you're okay !!

That lady must have been Kanye's sister : )

I noticed a homeless 4 month old sick kitten in the bushes eating the food I put out for critters and am getting him well on antoibiotics plus have the six kittens that I kept from being feral, and I've been so busy with them my vertigo has me almost falling out of chairs some times at night so I aint been on the computer much. I'll get all the kittens placed soon and get a much needed visual rest.

Peace , Love and kittens everywhere : )

October 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

Awwww. I hope you get that sweet little kitty all healthy soon. I am sure you will find wonderful homes for all those pretty kitties :)

As far as YOU, young man. Take care of yourself!!! I will be thinking and praying for you. I can't imagine vertigo is a fun thing.

My word verification is slumr... for the way you've been feeling. We need to eat up our word verifications! The new website is coming soon, which will be the new host of my blog. So no more crazy words! :)

Feel Better!

October 13, 2009 at 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home