This Page

has been moved to new address

You Need To Calm Down, Boy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: You Need To Calm Down, Boy

This Page

has been moved to new address

You Need To Calm Down, Boy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: You Need To Calm Down, Boy

This Page

has been moved to new address

You Need To Calm Down, Boy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: You Need To Calm Down, Boy

Running Down A Dream

Monday, July 6, 2009

You Need To Calm Down, Boy

Tonight...

I broke my E string while playing "Standing My Ground".

I broke the tip off my really nice (aka expensive) violin bow from using it like a drum stick on James' cymbol.

And something I have NEVER done before....
I called a guy out OVER THE MIC!

It takes a lot to make me angry... but in between every song this one guy would scream a the top of his lungs in a very angry and rude voice "PLAY MERLE HAGGARD GOD D!%^*#"

Don't be that guy. That guy is NOT cool.

After ignoring him for a long time... I couldn't take it anymore. I'm not a fan of "GD" anyway.... but especially when someone is screaming it AT me. He genuinely seemed angry that I wasn't playing the things he was screaming at me. I have never called someone out on stage before. But I said " You need to calm down, boy. I heard you the first 16 times you yelled that at me. But right now, I'm gonna play a song that I want to play."

Now let me clarify by saying that I love me some Merle. But I'm not the right girl to do Merle Haggard justice. I'm not sure what part of my show he was actually watching...

My compromise was to have Tim sing Hank Jr.

But that didn't satisfy him. He moved on to screaming "PLAY CCR."

I was a bit on edge because a lot of things were going wrong tonight and my voice was shot. Yet I was still trying to give everything I had to the show.

I felt bad... that is.. until on the set break he very condescendingly started saying things like, "Why don't you play Chris Knight? Or (insert cool indy Texas artist here)" "Do you even know who they are?" (Mind you.... he's having to scream this over blaring hip hop beats while people are grinding next to us on the dance floor) But it's funny, he wouldn't give me a chance to answer. So I gave up on trying to actually have a conversation and just said "Well, because I don't." And had to walk away.

I don't like feeling mean.


The show was still great though.
I wouldn't let the one stupid boy ruin it for the hundreds of really cool people that were there!!!







Anothony Orio and Chris Griffiths and Elliot came out tonight!!! Which was way cool cause they played for 9 hours today at Tootsie's!




Peace. Love. Fiddle. and Don't Be That Guy.
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home