This Page

has been moved to new address

Mamma Rocks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Mamma Rocks

This Page

has been moved to new address

Mamma Rocks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Mamma Rocks

This Page

has been moved to new address

Mamma Rocks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Mamma Rocks

Running Down A Dream

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mamma Rocks

We just made it home!!! What a beautiful weekend in PCB. But more on that later. :)

I'm not sure how many of you see the comments on my blog, but one of my favorite parts of writing this daily blog has become checking it the next day to see what Farm Boy and others have said :)

Farm Boy probably has one of the most creative and fascinating brains I have encountered. I don't know how he comes up with this stuff, but it always makes me smile! Yesterday, he commented on another comment ... and I wanted to elaborate.

He talked about my mamma being a writer, and he doesn't even know how MUCH of a writer she is!

Facts about Mamma:

She's a beautiful singer.

She plays piano and violin, as well :)

I learned to sing harmonies by singing along with her to oldies (especially Beach Boys songs) in the car.

She wrote for a television show called "I-40 Paradise" - it was a really cute show that I believe aired on TNN and in very TNN fashion - there was always a performance included on the show.

She's had short stories published in magazines.

She wrote jokes for Hee-Haw. Now, if you ask her about this, she will completely down-play it and say that she's not sure if any of her jokes ever aired. But I don't care. The fact that she submitted jokes to Hee-Haw is just about the coolest thing ever.

She love love LOVES word games and puzzles. She's always been way into puzzle sweepstakes and won a number of times. Her favorites are the ones where each letter in the alphabet is assigned a point, and then you are given what looks like a blank crossword puzzle. You fill in the puzzle, and the person who gets the most points wins. Sounds a LOT easier than it is. There are no clues.... so basically... any word (in whatever specified dictionary) works... so there are millions of combinations that you could use. :)

Oh and yeah, she's a retired dental hygienist. So all of that other stuff she did in her spare time while also raising 4 children.

Mamma inspired so much creativity in me and was the most encouraging and supportive person of anything I ever wanted to do.

Mamma Rocks.

This is one of my favorite pics of my sister, Stephanie, Mamma, and me:


Peace. Love. Fiddle.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

HE HE HE ... HAW HAW : )

YOUR MAMMA DOES ROCK IN SO MANY WAYS !!

I had never asked you, but had a strong feeling that with your tremendous talent at such a young age you must have someone close to you who taught you almost from birth !!

In addition to your Mamma's influence, whenever I see talent as awesome as yours I always think how many blessings God has given you with bestowing such talent and creativity !!

Equally as awesome is the fact that you are utilizing your talent and communication skills to help rally support for awesome charities like The Raining Season and the other charities you perform for !!

You know we have lots of straw here so we love to have straw votes, and we just voted unano - moosely that our favorite contribution of your Mamma, and your Granny, is that they passed their awesome physical beauty to you and your sister (who I have seen ) and the rest of your family (who I haven't seen yet : )

You know we have had big problems getting any farm work done today, because since I put the picture of you and your Mamma and Stephanie in our Silo Gallery and at the General Store, all we can do is set and smile and say "they sure is purty" and we often say that in unison !!

We may even do a video : )

You might want to buy stock futures in all crops because it may be awhile before things get back to normal here, and then we will have the affect of the release of your new CD, so 2009 is pretty much shot as far as farm work is done !!

Annnnd : ), thank you so much for your nice comments about me. You are such a sweet girly girl !!

To have someone as creative and hard working as you enjoy my creativity gives me an eternal smile !!

My brain also thanks you and is smiling too : ) : ) : )

I love to know about your life and everything because you are such a creative spirit !! I believe when God created us we were all given much love, compassion and creative skills.

1st Corinthians 2:14 - 16 writes "but we have the mind of Christ"

That helped me to understand where our love and good thoughts and actions come from, and our creativity too.

I awesomely love the way you let your creativity flow freely !! I think we are a lot alike in letting it flow : )

I'm sort of a shy writer and performer, and you are so sweet to comment about your enjoyment of what I write to you.

I hope that my lengthy writing doesn't ever keep anyone else from making short or long comments.

Since I met you during the time I began my life long recovery from eye cancer and the affects my distorted vision has on my thought process, our friendship and fun creative playing has been a wonderful boost for my heart and spirit and my efforts to seek improvements in what I am able to do.

I get pretty scrambled sometimes, especially in groups, and you have been so sweet always !!

I would write more, but I have to go accept the award for posting the picture of you and your Mamma and your Sister. They were even talking about calling me Sir Farm Boy, but when Nashville called and said they could here our wild laughter 40 miles away we decided to hold off on that till the moment is ripe and we could practice restraing our laughter : )

We do sincerely love the picture, and are planning to break into your photographers and steal lots of photos so we can set up a secret Nat Gallery right here in Shady Grove.

Thank you for being you, and many thanks to your Mamma and Granny too !!

June 2, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home