This Page

has been moved to new address

A Funeral, Graduation Party, and Birthday Party

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: A Funeral, Graduation Party, and Birthday Party

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Funeral, Graduation Party, and Birthday Party

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: A Funeral, Graduation Party, and Birthday Party

This Page

has been moved to new address

A Funeral, Graduation Party, and Birthday Party

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: A Funeral, Graduation Party, and Birthday Party

Running Down A Dream

Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Funeral, Graduation Party, and Birthday Party

Today began with the mourning of an incredible human being. My speech and drama teacher from High School passed away, Mrs. Sandra Davis. A beautiful memorial service was held today in her honor. I can't imagine there ever having been a better speech teacher on the planet. This was a woman who constantly defied the odds (the doctors would say she couldn't possibly overcome... and inevitably she would... :) MANY a time). And no matter how sick she ever was... her first priority was always the classroom. And she undoubtably had a God-given gift for teaching.

For as much as I learned in her classroom and under her direction in musicals...
One of the things I will never forget her saying had more of an "every day life" application. She was talking about relationships and though I know she said it more eloquently, she said something to the effect of:
"If you ever feel bad with someone MORE than you feel happy with that person... then you shouldn't be with them."

What a simple way to say that! There is so much wisdom in that statement. It may seem like an obvious one, but that isn't necessarily the case.

And for some reason, it resonated with me in a pretty big way.

The service was beautiful. And I had one of the strangest de ja vu moments. I sang a song with the choir... there were a few other alumni from my specific years in choir. I was watching my chorus teacher for queues, and I was looking out onto a room of my teachers and friends from high school while singing with friends. It just felt like a BGA performance all over again!! :) The song was beautiful, and I think we made Mrs. Davis proud. I hope we did.

I headed to a graduation party AND a birthday party afterwards. Both were a nice balance for the first ceremony. I felt like I was living Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3 all in one day. :)

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted...


I have a photo shoot tomorrow for the new record. I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED. My photographer AND the hair and make-up ladies that we have hired are an all star team. My living room looks like the back room at a retail shop right now, though.... I have the steamer out... clothes hanging up... clothe on the floor... everywhere. Gettin all sorts of prepared. It's fun :) But it's 4am, so I am going to bed now. Don't need puffy eyes!!! ;)


Peace. Love. Fiddle.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Please be sure to stop at all the truck weighing stations so they can be sure your big photo hair isn't over the weight limit : )

Looking forward to seeing the shots !!

May 24, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

hehe!!! I think my eyelashes alone today would have exceeded the limit. :) I can't WAIT to see the shots either!

May 25, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home