This Page

has been moved to new address

Alvernia University

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Alvernia University

This Page

has been moved to new address

Alvernia University

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Alvernia University

This Page

has been moved to new address

Alvernia University

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Alvernia University

Running Down A Dream

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Alvernia University

Every time I get a new "follower" on here, I get all giddy :) Thank you Followers!

Reading, PA: I have spent so much time with you! We are staying in a hotel next door to the one we stayed at a few weeks ago. And tomorrow we'll move about 0.2 miles down the road to a new location. :) Staying in the same place for a few days rocks my world. It's pretty awesome.

We went to eat at Old Country Buffet (OCB!) today for lunch. We went there last time we were in town, too. Every time we go in there, we stick out like a sore thumb. We are the youngest people in the room by at least 30-40 years. Love it.

Tonight we played at Alvernia University. The staging and sound was great, and it was all set up when we got there. They had us in a huge gym. It was pretty cool. But I did feel like I needed to whip out some prom decorations or something!

Lately, the students have consistently been so awesome about helping us load and unload gear. It makes a HUGE difference for us. I feel like I keep saying "Is that it?" Because with a few extra hands, it gets done SOOOO much faster! So yeah. We LOVE that.

Lauren, the girl on the right, was at our show at Elizabethtown College in Feb. Her sister goes to Elizabethtown, and she was visiting her at the time. So she came again tonight and brought a friend! That was so cool!


These girls were so cute the whole show. They were all singing along and clapping and dancing. The girl in front (pictured on the left of me) was the instigator. :) She was DEDICATED! She had a real lighter AND a "cell phone lighter" out on "Angel." And she wouldn't stop until she got everyone swaying the same direction. It was priceless.


"Free hugs"... gets em every time :)


And I know it's little fuzzy, but I have to include this picture because these guys informed me that they are the "coolest guys at Alvernia" You know. Just in case you were sitting there wondering. :)

And they were in fact VERY cool guys. We all talked for a while after the show. It was a good time.

And afterwards, we were all excited. We wanted to find a Mexican Restaurant to celebrate Cinco De Mayo. There was one right next to our hotel, and it looked like it was hoppin! It was 11pm by the time we got there, but we figured, "Hey, it's Cinco De Mayo... there's GOTTA be a Mexican place open!" When we pulled up, the "Open" sign was still on and Hootie said "Are they DANCING in there?"

The music was BLASTING from the speakers as we walked in, and the whole place was going crazy - people dancing and cheering all up and down the aisles...

ummm...

but....

they were closed... :(

My brain was so confused.

I wanted to be like "Ok, I know you're closed... but can we just hang out? Cause you people are AWESOME."

So yeah. We went back to the same Diner where we ate last time. That place is great. And I knew we'd get good food there. No Margaritas, but we'll just have to celebrate a day late or something.

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Hay : )

I'm a Natalie follower but I ain't smart enough yet to set up the RSS feed so I just type in your blog site and VOILA ( or VIOLA, whichever you prefer : )

So right now you have 15 follwoers who are smart enough to sign up, and one who ain't y-e-t, and that's me : )

Annnnd, I just love it when you say you get giddy about something !!

Giddy up girly girl !! Happy Travels !!

May 6, 2009 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

"Voila or VIOLA". Beautiful. Laughing so hard.

You're all the smart I'd ever need. :)

Peace, Love, and Viola

May 6, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home