This Page

has been moved to new address

College of Staten Island & Delaware Valley College

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: College of Staten Island & Delaware Valley College

This Page

has been moved to new address

College of Staten Island & Delaware Valley College

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: College of Staten Island & Delaware Valley College

This Page

has been moved to new address

College of Staten Island & Delaware Valley College

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: College of Staten Island & Delaware Valley College

Running Down A Dream

Friday, May 1, 2009

College of Staten Island & Delaware Valley College

AHHH. OK. I unintentionally lied yesterday in the blog. I slept the first couple of hours in the Suburban this morning, and then I drove the rest of the way. Sooooo.... I didn't finish the rest of the blog today "in the car" like I said I would. But no worries... I'm blogging from a comfort Inn. :) Wow. I have 3 shows to catch you up on. We'll start with the 2 from yesterday. :)

We have the tv on, and Tina Fey was just on Jimmy Fallon. I LOVE her. I think she is one of the funniest women EVER. She was talking about how "you know you're a mom when.... you have to put underpants on someone who's dancing"
I'm still laughing about that.

Yesterday's show at the College of Staten Island:
Well.... I cried constantly out of my right eye when in Texas at the Los Lonely Boys show. Yesterday, I evened out the playing field. I guess coming up north helped me balance out the scales a bit. I cried out of my left eye non-stop. Why is it that I only cry out of one eye at a time on stage? I don't think anyone noticed except for me. Well... and James. Poor James.... every time something like that happens, I am constantly turning around to him, lifting up my sunglasses and asking "Am I ok?" Which he knows translates to "Is there black mascara running all over my face?"

So you know when you see a band member walk over to another one onstage, and you wonder what they are talking about? In my case - it is usually me being paranoid that my face is messed up....

The show started out a little slow. They had set up a great stage for us out on the quad and had an awesome sound crew there, too. But there weren't other activities surrounding our show... it was just a concert. So students just looked confused when we started playing. They kept looking at the stage like, "What IS this?" But they quickly realized that we were there for THEM and not just some random band that decided to jam on school property. :) Students started to gather around the area and by the end of the show there were 50 or so people hanging out.

As I mentioned on yesterday's blog... I got to sign my first skaeboard :) Hehe. That was COOL.

I saw this girl in the audience.... yeah... not intimidating AT ALL to have a classical violinist at the show. It immediately makes me more aware of my intonation.


Connie bought the first cd of the day - she bought it during the show (which I LOVE), but of course we didn't have anyone to work the merch table.... so she ended up finding the sound guys, giving them the money, found a sharpie, and then I signed it during the intro of "Fancy" :) Connie is resourceful! And THEN after the show she bought another one for her friend in Oklahoma, too!


Our self-proclaimed #1 Staten Island fan. Y'all, if I ever needed a "hype man" like they have in rap groups.... like if I ever need my own Flava Flav... this woman would be the first person I would call! She was telling people who were AT the show about how awesome the show was :) It was so great. She was SOOO excited. And she got called to go to a car accident in the middle and was really frustrated about it. She was cracking me up talking about it. We took tons of pictures, and she actually bought the last small brown t-shirt. I'm gonna have to get more!!!


Our awesome crew for the day.


Their campus has an extremely diverse student population. I met so many kids from other countries. It reminded me of Berklee.

So we quickly packed up... grabbed some lunch in the cafeteria and headed to Delaware Valley College in Doylestown PA. It took us about 2 hours to get there, and we arrived right on time. Well... we missed the exit on the turnpike so we were a few minutes late, but no big deal.

They have the most GORGEOUS little campus. It's a small agricultural school, and they were having a huge pig roast on the lawn before the show. The stage they had set up was SO great. It made me happy. Plus their entire campus was lined with beautiful blossoming trees. And the stage was between 2 huge gingko trees (which are my favorite).

These kids were on TOP of it, especially Kristen. Kristen was my "right hand woman" the whole day. She hopped into the Suburban when we first got on campus to guide us to the stage. (We're always having to drive up on sidewalks and pull through narrow passageways to get to the stages) She was CONSTANTLY asking what she could do to help and even when I didn't give her something to do, she would find something to help out with. Greatest girl EVER. We love you!!!!

This is the Student Activities Council - everyone that put on the show and helped out! Kristen is down front in the red shirt. :)


An of course our awesome sound crew! They got there at 11am to start setting up - the show started at 9. They worked so hard all day and it DEFINITELY paid off!!!


This was one of the best shows we've had in a while. The students packed the lawn in front of the stage - we were guessing there were about 250 kids there. And not 1 but 2 different people brought their couches out to the lawn! We saw two guys carrying a couch with a girl sitting ON the couch! It was so great!!! And there was a beach ball being thrown around the whole show. The dancing started on "Fancy" :) And by the end of the night everyone was on their feet. They were chanting for "1 more song" at the end, so of course we had to do a little Journey. Don't Stop Believin baby!!! Hold on to that feeeeeeeeeeeeling!

Yeah. I loved this show.



These guys were hysterical! One of the guys kept screaming "I Love You Natalie" during the show. Actually, it wasn't just the show... he continued the whole time I was signing autographs. You can't tell, but the guys have me completely lifted off the ground here.


These girls were hilarious. We had talked for a bit and had taken pictures earlier, but then they came back later and said "We brought you a fiddle player!" They had gone and gotten their friend who plays the violin to come back and talk to me.


Don't mess with these guys...


And Columbia, Tn was even represented :) A friend, Jeff Smith, who used to come to Sam Hill's to see us play, lives up here now, so he came to the show. It was great to see him and his girlfriend and so fun to have them in the audience. It took me almost the whole show to spot them in the audience, but I knew they were there :) We didn't get to talk afterwards in all the chaos, but I was so happy to have them there!

So yeah. Tomorrow we are playing at 3, so we have to leave at 7am. Another early morning. And of course... it's 3am... again. So I'm gonna try that whole "going to bed now" thing. It would probably help to have a voice for the show tomorrow :)

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's 5:09 am by my computer and I'm still trying that "going to bed thing" for this night. Guess I'll eventually get sleepy. We watched
Tina Fey, too! She is so fun to watch. It was a rerun. It doesn't seem like he's been on long enough to be having reruns!

May 1, 2009 at 5:13 AM  
Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

WOW !!

Writing about multiple shows in one blog post !! I greatly admire your talent energy and dedication ( and beauty and purtiness etc, etc. )

That was me in disguise at the show shouting I looooove you : )

I hope your eyes get better. Right now I use Walmart's Equate Revive Plus Lubricant eye drops. They are about $10 for 90 individual little containers.

Long ago a girl friend showed me how there can be little strands/strings of white gunk at the bottom of our eye lid.

Hopefully you don't have this, but she would very carefully take the end of her finger and pull her bottom eye lid out a little and then use the tip of her finger to gently touch and drag the little strands out of the bottom of the eye lid.

I'm sorry for the grossness of that, but you know I want the best for you and everyone so i thought I would mention it.

I'm not sure you should try it, doctors might freak out, but i have washed my hands and very carefully done what I just mentioned, and when the stringy strands of gunk were removed that helped greatly. They are not always the problem, I sort of learned when my eyes are at their worst then I sometimes check them.

Next time I see you I'll try to remember to explain this without actually putting my finger at the bottom of my eye lid.

Maybe I'll do a youtube video : )

I also wear pollen masks this time of year if I have to.

If you close your eyes and wash the eye area with soap and water that helps get the pollen away from the area temporarily.

I hope y'all will all be sure to get Vitamin C daily because it depletes in 24 hours according to stuff I've read.

Annnyyywwwaaayyy : ) I'm glad y'all are having so much fun and success, and hope your sinuses will give you a break soon.

Happy Days,
Doctor Farm Boy : )

May 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home