This Page

has been moved to new address

Cafe 939

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Cafe 939

This Page

has been moved to new address

Cafe 939

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Cafe 939

This Page

has been moved to new address

Cafe 939

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Cafe 939

Running Down A Dream

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cafe 939

These days a lot of places feel like home...

The Suburban

Hotels

Toll Roads

My manager's house

Waking up in strange places is one of the most consistent things in my life right now :)

But there's something so unbelievably nostalgic about walking up and down the streets of Boston. We were walking back to the car tonight at about 2am. We were around the Berklee neighborhood. And there were TONS of people on the streets. I had forgotten how packed the streets are on a Saturday night. Everyone is out. And most everyone is college age. And it felt like home.

And even though I had never played in this venue before tonight, nor did it even exist when I went to school there - it felt so normal. The place was packed. But the weirdest part about the show was the fact that everyone sat on the floor. That was a first for me. It kinda felt like a really rocked out story-time. :)

It was Cafe 939's birthday so they were having a big bash. The first act was Liz Longley and her band. And WOW. She was unbelievable. Seriously. Her songs. Her voice. Her writing. Her band. Her arrangements. All Fantastic.
And then we went on, did our thing and had a blast as usual.
And then Gina Cimmelli went on after us. I didn't really get to hear much of her because I was talking to everyone who came to my show and thanking them all. She was adorable and the one song I did hear was her "happy" song and she totally played a kazoo solo. It reminded me of the Popeye song "He Need's Me" - which my roommates performed at a 'Love is Deaf' Valentine's Day concert... so I have heard it a lot recently.... while they were practicing.. :)

Here's Liz and her band:



These girls were at our show at the Matterhorn. And they told me they wore their scarves for me!!! YAY!!!



This couple was so sweet. They sat right in front and I figured they were Berklee students. They both look like musicians to me :) But I found out after the show that they are just country fans. She saw my add on facebook for the show and they decided to come! We recently tried buying adds for a few of the shows... and we have been curious to see if they work. And they totally DO!!!! Also.... he goes to the Harvard Business School. I just met some guys at the Matterhorn who go to the Harvard Business School. I still had the pics in my camera so I showed them to him - he totally knew them!!! How funny is that? Wow.


Kristen and Sadie!!!
Kristen and I met a few years ago but she has never gotten to come to a show. It was SOOOO good to see her. And she had ordered a cd online the day I released it. So she brought it to the show and I signed it for her. I hadn't seen one of the original cds in a LONG time!!! So cool!!!


And then we got to go hang out afterwards with Jorge and Valentina!!! Jorge is one of Miguel's friends from Chile who is currently going to Berklee. And Valentina, his girlfriend is probably one of the sweetest people alive. We always have so much fun with them!


And then... 1:30am on a Saturday night at Berklee???? SUPREME'S!!!!!! Just like old times :) I went and got my steak and cheese with mushrooms.... James got his spaghetti with meatballs... College all over again....

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

This is REALLY BIG :

We have breaking and braking news coming now live from Columbia Tennessee :

Your Honorable Mayor is on stage now singing the following song very off key :

Ain't no mule day when Natalie's gone,
Only sad mules everyday,
Ain't no mule day when she's gone,
and our barns just ain't no homes everytime she's gone away ) :

Earlier e.e. shortcomings read the following poem about your Mule Divaness :

Mule Day without Natalie
is like the corn without the dog
the pork without the Hog
and the egg without the nog

Nashville without Natalie is like the chicken without the barbecue wings,

the playa without the shiny bling

and a real hum dinger without the ding

Other than that we ain't missing you at all beautiful Natalie Stovall, tremendous Mule Diva extraordinaire : )

April 5, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home