This Page

has been moved to new address

What a Downpour

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: What a Downpour

This Page

has been moved to new address

What a Downpour

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: What a Downpour

This Page

has been moved to new address

What a Downpour

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: What a Downpour

Running Down A Dream

Thursday, June 18, 2009

What a Downpour

Tonight we drove through some Biblical rain - I'm talking brighter than stadium lights lightening... torrential down pour kind of rain. I had the hazards on and was going about 30 in a 55 for quite a while. Whew. That makes me feel like I just worked out. It is mentally exhausting. And I'm not usually the one driving through that kind of stuff - it's typically James. I don't know how he does it sometimes!!! One day, y'all.... one day, we'll have a driver... a PROFESSIONAL.

We were watching the Tom Petty documentary tonight - Running Down a Dream :) Sound familiar? Yeah, every time we watch it, I get so much more out of it. One of the things he was talking about that stood out tonight was when he said:

"At first you can't get the gigs. Then, after a while, You can't get OUT of the gigs"

He was talking about how much they were on the road there for a while when things were really picking up. And just how hard you have to work to get it all off the ground and running. It's comforting. When I look at guys like that who have had legendary careers... telling stories about exactly what all we are going through... hoping to get to where they are now... I feel like I am doing the right thing. We all end up with different versions of the same stories. Which is really pretty cool when you think about it.

So here's to Running Down My Dream. (I'm raising my water.... cause it's all I got)

Peace. Love. Fiddle.
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

Huge storms two nights in a Music Row : )

Our Racoons were having fun last night like there was no rain at all. I'll see if they have a pro driver who's available : )

June 18, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home