This Page

has been moved to new address

Playing for the Troops and Families at Ft. Gordon!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Playing for the Troops and Families at Ft. Gordon!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Playing for the Troops and Families at Ft. Gordon!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: Playing for the Troops and Families at Ft. Gordon!

This Page

has been moved to new address

Playing for the Troops and Families at Ft. Gordon!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: Playing for the Troops and Families at Ft. Gordon!

Running Down A Dream

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Playing for the Troops and Families at Ft. Gordon!

Tonight was one of those nights....

... where I just keep thanking the Lord that I was given this gift and am able to do what I do.

... where I don't know what to say other than "THANK YOU".

... where I can't hear myself over the screams and cheers of the crowd.

... where the line at the merch table is 2 hours long.

I really don't think I will ever get used to soldiers telling ME thank you. It is the strangest and most humbling feeling. I just want to say SHUT-UP!!! YOU DON'T THANK ME. I THANK YOU.

You know? I mean, these families and young men and women sacrifice more than my brain can comprehend. My Daddy went overseas I was 8 years old and although I understood that it was dangerous and I knew it was a big deal... there's only so much an 8-year-old can really "get". And so even though I've experienced it to a degree, I still can't imagine what it is like... from an adult perspective.

I met and talked with quite a few wounded soldiers tonight. Hearing the stories of an entire wall falling on someone's chest. Standing there looking at his scares while he's alive and telling me about it - yeah. No words.

And can I just say that when soldiers are helping us load and unload our trailer... it goes faster than it EVER does?! And we have to lift less than we ever do. They take it OUT of my hands and carry it onstage FOR me. :)

Here's the whole crew that was helping us load and unload tonight:


It was my first "Chucks" signing :)


This soldier asked me to sign his phase pass AND his Bible. Never signed a Bible before. I was a bit taken aback by that request. Pretty amazing.


Ok. So I saw this lady during sound check because I noticed she was crocheting something. She had just begun a beautiful pink blanket... and by the time she got to the merch table, she had enough done for me to sign it!!! It turns out she's making it for a friend (who was at the show) and so she wanted me to sign it. Once it's done, it will be a king size blanket!!! :) THAT was a new one! Signing a blanket that was made DURING the show!


Not only was the stage LINED with soldiers right up front singing and dancing along with us, but it was also lined with kids!!! So many adorable faces in the crowd tonight. And they literally started a "train" during Orange Blossom. SO CUTE!






And then of course, the soldiers!!











What a rewarding night. There were burgers, hot dogs, drinks, and even a dippin dots truck. It was like a festival... only... we were the main event. Just unbelievable.

Peace. Love. Fiddle. and Fort Gordon.
~natalie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home