This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm Gonna "Shine"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: I'm Gonna "Shine"

This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm Gonna "Shine"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
zzzzzz Running Down A Dream: I'm Gonna "Shine"

This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm Gonna "Shine"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Running Down A Dream: I'm Gonna "Shine"

Running Down A Dream

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm Gonna "Shine"

On my way to JJ's to get my fruit tea today, I heard Jo Dee Messina's new single, "Shine" on the radio, and I got SOOOO excited!!! I had the sun roof open (I ALWAYS wanted to have a sun roof, and there happened to be one on this last Suburban we bought.... so I still get giddy when I get to use it!), the windows down, my puppy with me, and "Shine" blasting.

Now, the reason I am so excited? Not only is it a great song, but my fellow Berklee alum and friend Megan James wrote it!!! It makes me so proud!!!! Megan and I used to do shows together at Berklee, and it is just so stinking cool that she has the FIRST SINGLE on the new Jo Dee album. She and Clay Cumbie wrote it together. And if you like the song - then you HAVE to call the radio stations and request it!!! I told her that I heard it today, and SHE hasn't even heard it yet. So let's make sure she does! (I have no doubt it is gonna be a hit).

I went to visit Granny today. She LOVED the maple candies I got her in Vermont, so this last time we were there I got 4 more bags of them. She was so excited!!! Have I mentioned how amazed I am with my Granny? She never acts as though she is 98 (excuse me, she corrected me today.... she's 98 and 1/2!). And sometimes she prefers you to say she is only 2 years from 100 :) She always says "cause THAT sounds OLD" I love that. As if 98 isn't impressive enough....

One of her favorite stories to tell me is about when I was a little bitty girl. She took care of me a lot when I was little. She LOVES talking about the things I used to do that made her KNOW I was born to be an entertainer. She said I was about 3, maybe 4 at the time and we were getting ready to take a nap. She asked me to sing some song I always sang (probably "Jesus Loves Me" or "Twinkle Twinkle".... you know.... one of the usuals) and I said "No. I am gonna sing my own song." And I made up a song and sang it for her. :) Yeah. I remember making up songs when I was a kid. My favorite phrase to use was "It's plain to see" which is why I laugh every time I hear that phrase used now. There's nothing wrong with it, but I can't bring myself to ever use that phrase in a song, cause it just seems silly to me.

I am writing with Pat McLaughlin tomorrow. Can you say EXCITED!?!?!? Pat is INCREDIBLE. I still have yet to have a SEAT at one of his shows - even when we go over an hour early... cause it is always so packed. This is my favorite quote about Pat on his website:

"Groove and Soul, slink and stutter, groove and soul, wisdom and pain, groove and soul."
Peter Cooper, The Tennessean

He written for Bonnie Raitt, played for John Prine.... So yeah, writing with one of my favorite writers tomorrow. It's gonna be a good day. :) I have no idea what we'll write, but I can promise you that it won't have the phrase "It's plain to see" in it :)

Peace. Love. Fiddle.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

It's plain to see
you were always born to be
a beautiful star for eternity !!

Sincerely,
All your Farm Boy Fans

March 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

SEE?!?! It's ok when someone else does it.

But I can't. I just can't.

Thank you :) That is very sweet. :)

March 25, 2009 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Natalie's Favorite Farm Boy Fan : ) said...

I love the beauty of your complexity combined with your sweet simplicity as it comes naturally in all the right moments !!

Following my sincerity, I will add some hilarity, and let you know that I am watching Fantasy Island, and Tattoo just told Mr. Roarke, Da Plane, Da Plane, it's plain to see da plane : )

March 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger Natalie Stovall said...

LOL. Nice. Well played, my friend. Well played.

March 26, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home